2020 Gladiator visor broken

Dockdatee

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m not the first to post on this but trying to get new info on the replacement part. My plastic collar on the drivers side visor is broken and the visor falls down and partially blocks my view. I have it zip tied up for now.
my local Jeep dealer has me set for service in 2 weeks but besides being an hour drive I’m really not interested in going, dropping off for the day, then being told the part is on BO.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I’m not the first to post on this but trying to get new info on the replacement part. My plastic collar on the drivers side visor is broken and the visor falls down and partially blocks my view. I have it zip tied up for now.
my local Jeep dealer has me set for service in 2 weeks but besides being an hour drive I’m really not interested in going, dropping off for the day, then being told the part is on BO.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Real easy to fix yourself.. Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Took mine in for repair under warranty. Took less than an hour for it to be done.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

BTW - there’s a Jeep Gladiator Forum you can join. They should be able to help with more Gladiator-specific issues.

Good luck.

parbo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So you were able to just walk in and show them your visor and get it done in that time? I don’t understand why there are people that exaggerate like that. Any dealer repair would be at least 2 trips. And even then you are replacing it with the same piece of crap visor. To anyone with this problem, look at these repairs as insurance that it won’t happen again. I would not have the dealer fix it by replacing even if free under the warranty. Unless of course it is with a approve design.

parbo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Improved design

OP
OP

Dockdatee

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just repaired mine with the star lock ring. I have 99 left in case it happens again. Great little project and it’s done!
Sponsored