Gordon40

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for a little help with my 2019 Jeep soft top. For some reason on the two side windows the clips on the bottom will not snap into the bracket. I don't know why it is so hard for it to snap in. I can't push them in from the side. Do you think it is because the cover still needs to stretch?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Try it after the sun has heated it up. But yes, my driver side rear tab pops out. It's no biggie to me. I just push it in whenever it does pop out. Now, it has gotten better over time. So just have a little patience:like:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I installed mine for the first time Sunday. Same problem. I sort of stayed in place. Installing the rear window holds everything in place...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I am looking for a little help with my 2019 Jeep soft top. For some reason on the two side windows the clips on the bottom will not snap into the bracket. I don't know why it is so hard for it to snap in. I can't push them in from the side. Do you think it is because the cover still needs to stretch?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Are you talking about the tabs on the back window, or the pillars on the side windows.

If the latter, or any part of the side window attachment points for that matter, don’t drive it like that or you will have a window blow out.

A picture will help us to understand.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't pull up on the bottom tab by the bracket when installing, it doesn't want to align since the tabs will fold up. At least that was my issue the first time or two.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
If you're talking about the plastic tabs on the bottom of the plastic post at the rear ends of the side windows, they will not line up with the receiver clip on the tub if you don't carefully align the top of those plastic posts with the area on the top of the roof that receives them. Sometimes that material can bunch up if you don't insert the posts properly, so be sure to do that end ensure that the posts are fully inserted in to the area of the roof at the top, and the clips should line up with the slot on the tub.

As posted above, a picture would help.

WranglerAdvs

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue.

My solution was leaving all the parts out in the sun for a couple of hrs.

Then I inserted the rear part of the windows first making sure both the top and bottom parts were connected properly (they will never sit 100% flush btw).

Once I made sure that was right, I snapped the vertical insert first to tighten everything up and the lower horizontal after.

I drove the jeep and re-installed the windows every day for 2-3 days repeating the same process and now it fits perfect with no issues and the clips seem to stay in place. I have no popping off issues.

It just needs to get stretched out a little I believe

OP
OP

Gordon40

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input. Here is a pic of exactly whats wrong. No matter how hard I push on the corner it won't pop in.
Jeep Window.jpg

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
If you don't pull up on the bottom tab by the bracket when installing, it doesn't want to align since the tabs will fold up. At least that was my issue the first time or two.
This. May not be your issues specifically, but if you dont hold the green tab that goes the length of the window while you put the pillar in it wont go all the way on.

Edit: wow you posted at the same time I did, I think this might be your issue

Edit2: Pics
Line the pillar up and push it up and into place
Rotate the tab out
Push in

20200506_171326.jpg

20200506_171338.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gordon40

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK I will try that tomorrow. I didn't know there was a tab up top. To me it seemed like it just rested up in there. I hope that works. Thank you.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thanks for all the input. Here is a pic of exactly whats wrong. No matter how hard I push on the corner it won't pop in.
Jeep Window.jpg
This helps a lot!

I would not drive around like that, especially on the highway.

I’ve been meaning to have my son film me installing my windows because I think I have it down to a science, and I don’t follow the same order as listed in my 2018 manual.

Try this:

Remove the window, the slide just the top into the channel. Next, grab the rear pillar (the one in your picture) and put the top part in, first. It should move into position easily, though you may have to move the whole window side to side to line it up. Once in place, line up the bottom tab from your picture. Move the plastic ziploc thingamajig out of the way as needed, and pop that tab in. It should make an audible click. Once in, fasten the bottom ziploc from back to front, and snap in the vertical ziploc last. Finally, tuck in the Velcro tab above the vertical ziploc.

Hard to describe in words. I will try to get a video done.

Bottom line, that tab should click into place.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Jeep Window.jpg
Ok, yeah mine will do that. I honestly have never worried about it. Follow what @OldGuyNewJeep says. I just give it a good smack and move on:like:

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The very back window that is above the rear hatch.
This helps a lot!

I would not drive around like that, especially on the highway.

I’ve been meaning to have my son film me installing my windows because I think I have it down to a science, and I don’t follow the same order as listed in my 2018 manual.

Try this:

Remove the window, the slide just the top into the channel. Next, grab the rear pillar (the one in your picture) and put the top part in, first. It should move into position easily, though you may have to move the whole window side to side to line it up. Once in place, line up the bottom tab from your picture. Move the plastic ziploc thingamajig out of the way as needed, and pop that tab in. It should make an audible click. Once in, fasten the bottom ziploc from back to front, and snap in the vertical ziploc last. Finally, tuck in the Velcro tab above the vertical ziploc.

Hard to describe in words. I will try to get a video done.

Bottom line, that tab should click into place.
I do the same, Slide the window in, insert the top of the rear pillar into it spot in the top and then insert the tab while getting the green tab into place in its slot on the body and run the bottom tab into the slot from back to front (I know what you mean about describing it). Then I insert the front green tab into the the C Post slot. Mine locks in pretty good, but I've never really heard a click though. Never had one blow out, but I've never driven without the rear window in place holding the left and right rear pillars tight into the body.

OP
OP

Gordon40

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it may have to stretch because no matter what I do it will not snap in. When the back window is in the whole top is really locked in and doesn't move when I drive at high speeds on the highway.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
As a precaution, I do release the bottom 2 tabs on the rear window when running in Sunrider mode to act as a vent so that there is minimal build up of air pressure against the rear window.
Sponsored