Sponsored

2019 RAM 1500

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Not sure how meaningful the award is, but the new RAM 1500 won vehicle of the show from Cars.com.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheMindbender

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
They deserve it

I dont like the large headlight version but I can admit they did a great job on upgrading the ram..especially the interior

World War Pickup is in full swing

Ford your move

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I’m not a huge truck guy, but I have to say I think that new rebel looks way better, the current trucks are dated, a bit parts bin and were in need of an overhaul, from what I’ve see I think they did a fantastic job....and while I’m not a truck guy if I were going to buy one it would be a GMC, until I saw the 1500 redesign, it has prob swung me that direction.
GMC will be up for a redesign since they are essentially twins. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Initially, I didn't like the look of the new DT Ram 1500, but as the week rolled on with more and more press photos, the look started to grow on me a bit. As where GM threw all of their money on the underbody components of their new 1/2 tons, it appears FCA spread that money a bit more evenly. I have to say, though, the exterior design of the Silverado came out nice. I'm not sure I like the blacked out grill of the LT Trail Boss. The grill on the Custom Trail Boss looks much better, even if it looks like a Raptor rip-off and a bit cheap on the materials front.

The interior of the new Silverado looks like a refresh of the previous generation and more than little clinical. In contrast, the interior of the Ram looks fresh, inviting and like a place I wouldn't mind spending extended amounts of time munching away the miles. I actually really dig the look of the Rebel, it's just the right amount of aggression without coming off too contrived as would have been easy to do. Plus, it seems like it might make for a decent overlander, especially with the addition of a rear e-locker. I just wish it had a SFA, then it would really have mountain goat potential.

The new 48 volt mild hybrid system was a smart addition and shows just how much Ram engineers have their head in the game compared the guys at GM and Ford. It's not a terribly complicated system, which is good for long term ownership. I presume Ford and GM are overthinking the implementation of hybrid technology into their trucks, which is probably why we haven't seen similar or more advanced technology show up in their 1/2 tons just yet. Not that they would need anything terribly complicated anyway.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Watch for the production version of the “Rebel TRX” at the LA auto show this November (If I were a betting man..............)

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Why is the base engine for this the Pentastar 3.6L V6? Is that not severely underpowered for a truck this size? Who the heck would buy this without a Hemi?
Consider that the 3.7 V-6 (215 Hp) would competently move the Ram 1500 from point A to Point B at highway speeds, the extra 90 Hp of the 3.6 is pretty adequate, unless you have a really big trailer.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked the Ram 1500 but the overall price and timeline of production drove me to get my Jeep instead.
Sponsored