Drove a Ram 1500 Limited - wow

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'd recommend looking at a Grand Cherokee as an option. All of my Rams were great (my first was in '04). They're comfortable, very spacious inside, great for hauling gear, and with a cap or hard cover, they're a good choice for overlanding. That said, the mileage on them was atrocious. It wasn't bad for a full size truck, but far from ideal for a long range vehicle. My wife's former vehicle (a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland) was very comfortable, capable on/off road, and much more efficient than any of my Rams were. Storage wise may be a bit less than a truck, but also better than the Wrangler (assuming rear seats up on the Wrangler).
I really like the idea of the JT, and was holding out for one, but got scared off when I heard FCA said they would be "intentionally expensive". Plus I knew it'd be extremely hard to get one right away due to demand. I figured the JL was the way to go since a reasonably priced JT, with the ability to easily select what options I'd want (including color) would probably not happen until next year at best.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend looking at a Grand Cherokee as an option. All of my Rams were great (my first was in '04). They're comfortable, very spacious inside, great for hauling gear, and with a cap or hard cover, they're a good choice for overlanding. That said, the mileage on them was atrocious. It wasn't bad for a full size truck, but far from ideal for a long range vehicle. My wife's former vehicle (a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland) was very comfortable, capable on/off road, and much more efficient than any of my Rams were. Storage wise may be a bit less than a truck, but also better than the Wrangler (assuming rear seats up on the Wrangler).
I really like the idea of the JT, and was holding out for one, but got scared off when I heard FCA said they would be "intentionally expensive". Plus I knew it'd be extremely hard to get one right away due to demand. I figured the JL was the way to go since a reasonably priced JT, with the ability to easily select what options I'd want (including color) would probably not happen until next year at best.

Grand Cherokee will be too small, plus limited aftermarket. My JKU is too small cargo wise already for my needs and the Grand Cherokee will be worst. With the pick ups I can at least get extended range fuel tanks to make up for the milage .

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
Ok, you get a ton more vehicle for your money in a Ram. Can’t wait to get one. The version I test drove can actually self park either parallel or back itself in. Pretty cool stuff.
If you need a self parking car you should just ride the buss

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I agree with both of those comments. If you need the vehicle to park itself, you should never have passed the driving test. However, having extra features just because they're nice to have is just a matter of treating yourself.
I don't need heated leather seats, or a giant radio with nav, but they're nice to have. I can get by without them, and the Jeep is just as functional without them, but they're nice. Do any of us need power windows? No, but nearly every car made today has them. Most features on cars are comfort/convenience items not necessities. If you have to have them you probably shouldn't be driving, but they're cool just like spell check or any other convenience items.
Sponsored