Sponsored

2018 wrangler shifter issue

gurleent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara will not shift into drive or any other gear for that matter and all the service lights are popping up on the dash?? It also becomes harder to push the brake pedal and brake lights wont turn on. Just had to get it towed for the 3rd time and dealership cant seem to pin point the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara will not shift into drive or any other gear for that matter and all the service lights are popping up on the dash?? It also becomes harder to push the brake pedal and brake lights wont turn on. Just had to get it towed for the 3rd time and dealership cant seem to pin point the problem. Visit AutoGuysLand to review car wont go into gear manual if you concern. Has anyone else experienced this?
Have you tried to check the transmission fluid. Maybe you truck refused to get gear due to low or leaking transmission fluid. Anther cause is possible failing speed sensor. Just take a look at these things.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

sounds like a failed brake sensor or the electronic brake pump is not producing the pressure needed to engage the switch and lights. i know the older chevy trucks need minimum 75-125 psi to engage the brake lights. Id have the dealer check that and the brake assist pump. all your problems with shifting into gear is either a bad ECU, Failed output on the signal to the ecu or the pressure is to low for the switch to change the contact switch state. did you try removing both batteries negatives removed for ten seconds then hook them back up and start the jeep and test.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara will not shift into drive or any other gear for that matter and all the service lights are popping up on the dash?? It also becomes harder to push the brake pedal and brake lights wont turn on. Just had to get it towed for the 3rd time and dealership cant seem to pin point the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
Have them load test both batteries, and replace both even if only one is showing signs of weakness.

Has it been giving any telltale warnings, like cranking slower before catching, before this event? How often and how far does it usually get driven?

OP
OP

gurleent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Both batteries were replaced last time it was taken in. No cranking slower before catching or any other telltale signs. Thank you, ill get them to check all of this

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi gurleent,
We're sorry to hear about the troubles you have been experiencing with your JL. Unfortunately, our team is not authorized to assist customer's outside of the United States. However, I have included a link below which contains the contact information for Canadian Customer Care. We recommend reaching out to them if additional assistance is needed.
https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx
Alex
JeepCares
Sponsored