2018 Wrangler Windshield - Glazing Issue

JeepFLA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Has anyone noticed an issue with the windshield on 2018 Wranglers? Jeep is brand new and appears to have pitting or a some kind of a glazing issue evident in early morning or late afternoon sunshine. Yes, I realize this is a Jeep.
Sponsored

SilverJL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Yup...

Right after purchase I noticed that the inner film sandwiched within the windshield appeared to have a few contaminated / streaked areas running through it....And no they weren't surface scratches or small pits...Under magnification the streaks look like very fine bubbles within the film...

Service inspected the defective windshield and opened up a warranty case and the windshield was replaced with another Mopar OE windshield (contracted through Safelite) only to find this windshield also had some fine streaks running through the glass film.... And once you see these in the right light you can't unsee them ...LOL

Since then we've inspected 2 more Mopar windshields and all had some sort of contaminated streaks running through the interior film...Very frustrating...

I understand that they are aware of this issue and you should have no problem getting this replaced under warranty...It does suck though having to have a windshield replaced on a brand new vehicle!

Last edited: