2018 Wrangler Sport Sun Visor Issues

Barry Wesoly

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Both the driver side and passenger side sun visors are popping out and do not stay in position, especially when we take the roof off. Dealer states these are not covered under 3 year warranty since they are rolling out 2022 models. Poor service in my opinion and it seems like its a pretty expensive fix. Does anyone know if this is on a recall, as it seems like quite a few Jeep owners are having the same issue. Nothing like your sun visor popping out and impairing your vision while driving. Jeeps needs to step up and accept poor craftsmanship on this feature and agree to fix it at not cost to owner.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Barry Wesoly

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Both the driver side and passenger side sun visors are popping out and do not stay in position, especially when we take the roof off. Dealer states these are not covered under 3 year warranty since they are rolling out 2022 models. Poor service in my opinion and it seems like its a pretty expensive fix. Does anyone know if this is on a recall, as it seems like quite a few Jeep owners are having the same issue. Nothing like your sun visor popping out and impairing your vision while driving. Jeeps needs to step up and accept poor craftsmanship on this feature and agree to fix it at not cost to owner.
2022 rolling out means nothing. When did your 36m warranty run out?

here is a fun thread to read through where folks are fixing.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/
I spoke to Jeep corporate the dealer was wrong. The vehicle was delivered to the dealer on May 31, 2019 so our warranty runs thru May 30, 2022. We only have 21K miles on it. Going to call a different dealer and Jeep is elevating this issue, as its a major safety concern. Surprised its not on a recall as that visor can dislodge while driving and hit driver in the head or block vision.
Sponsored