Sponsored

2018 Wish List

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I 2nd this. The hood latches are crap on the current JK any hwy driving in a 10mph + wind and the hood looks like its going to rip off.
Looks like.

Has one, ever? I suspect not or NHTSA would have been all over this by now.

That's also why there is a secondary hood latch, like on all other vehicles - to keep the hood secured should the primary hood latch fail.

I disagree with this. If your 20 and looking to have a bumping system so that everyone around you at the stop light looks at you, your correct, but if you just want a quality all around sound system the factory systems in a lot of cars these days are awesome. Also they are fully warrantied, and dont require splicing and crimping your wiring,
Not true in the least; even the cheapest aftermarket systems sound better than most any factory system even today; certainly the speakers on factory audio systems remain largely third rate using paper cones and woefully undersized magnets.

As far as splicing and crimping, it's hard to find a system that would still require that; most today plug directly into the factory audio wiring harnesses.
Sponsored

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I'm with the guys that asked for a drop tailgate. Hard to transport anything longer than 4-5 feet with a swinging tailgate.

And I'd like a better roof. Open air ability is cool but it needs better functionality. Trunk isn't very useful with soft top on. Both hard and soft tops drip water when opening door. And both tops take too long to take on and off.
Hate to be a downer but doesn’t look like fold down tailgate will be coming for the JL and JLU - the spy pics at http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...on-grille-and-and-led-headlights-exposed.118/

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wish List {filename}

So this the only model we’ll see a fold down tailgate on.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Am I the only one who wishes for the choice to get all windows/glass/sunroof panels totally clear/untinted ?

This would be great for those who want the safari visibility for all passengers inside, or for those who want to put a completely uniform tint all the way around.

Sponsored

Shawn Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Please give the JL the same 7" customizable digital display from the Challenger/Charger. Recently got to play with it recently and was impressed by how it looked and functioned. It's time for the blue/green 1980's looking digital readout to go and be replaced with a TFT screen like this. Physical tach and speedo can stay :)

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Would love to see something like that ^^^^

Imagine all the cool telemetry data that could be displayed specific for the Wrangler - current torque, current approach angle, etc.

If it's optional for the Charger and Challenger no reason they can't make it available for the Wrangler too considering its about the same price.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Yes^ that display, coupled with the huge central touchscreen with ApplePlay would be really welcome.

What does everyone think the chances of a diesel cold weather package with diesel engine block heater, heated seats and heated steering wheel?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I see two chances we see the diesel at this point. And there's a picture of Slim on a milk carton somewhere...

Again, this is a deal killer.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Did everyone hear that the EPA failed Diesel software cheating scandal was because of an aftermarket Jeep which had a VW Diesel engine swapped, and not wrongdoing on the part of FCA ?

I hope this yields a Diesel at launch.

I also have another wishlist item:
A premium Audio package, which includes the giant touchscreen, but also speakers without paper cones, and at least one subwoofer, and extra tweeters in the pillars. Hopefully Harmon Kardon involved as HarmonKardon & AKG always have the best frequency response signature across their range of products.

Sponsored

SteveC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, Ford Explorer
I would disagree with several of your standard items; I have no need for grab handles, the hood latches work perfectly fine (Hood flutter? Does it matter if the hood doesn't actually come flying up?), door "hinges" other than a strap are not needed (if they want to sew three positions into the strap, that works), and the rest should be options (I never bought a Tuffy and I wouldn't check the option boxes either; the better approach is to never keep anything in value in a vehicle that can be broken into with a screwdriver or pocket knife.)

A better sound system would be nice, but anything Chrysler can drop in will be beaten by an aftermarket system costing half the price.

On the other hand, a nav system with 4WD trails built in would be pretty cool, as most GPS units don't and phone map apps usually won't work where there are no cell towers.
Better hood latches are related to the better build quality you mentioned isn't it? It's cheap and aftermarket solutions prove so. Even if the hood doesn't actually come flying off, the hood flutter at even moderate speeds is annoying and should not happen on a $30K-40K+ vehicle. It's a $50-100 solution (less when you're talking actual cost for the manufacturers) that we should not have to fix ourselves.

Decent grab handles are equally cheap and even if you do not have a need for it personally, many who off road their Jeeps do. The amount of grab handles being made by vendors and their popularity shows enough people do care about it.

I never understood why anyone would prefer the cloth door straps over actual hinges that are both stronger and more functional (and yes they can be fixed with simple tools). If you think the cloth straps don't break you should do some searches. There's plenty of people on their 3rd or 4th replacement strap and guys who just gave up and fashioned their own out of para cord. It's far from perfect. Cheap? Yes, but also cheaply made as the metal clip that attaches it to the interior can also come off. It's exacerbated by the fact that the doors swing open wildly when it's windy, you're parked on a hill, etc. A traditional hinge with a few stop points would fix that problem. It might make take a little more time to remove doors but given how few people actually take them on and off frequently and how much benefit you derive, it is totally worth the extra inconvenience IMO.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don't mind the cloth straps. In fact I like them. They don't rust, it's lightweight and simple to clean and take on/off. Simple solution. Keep it on the Sport and make the hinges you're after an option on upper trims. It'll save on cost (smart hinges are selling for $300 retail if you have the 4 door) and keep it off for those that do not want or need it.

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Looks like one of low-on-the-list wants was just answered. Factory grab handles :)

And one of my high-on-the-list wants was too... 8" touchscreen.

Now please give me my top wants, upgraded axles.