A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Don't listen to these guys- here's a good, independent article on how an engine works and the benefits of certain modifications, including cold air intakes: http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/tech-qa/1511-nuts-and-bolts-the-truth-about-cold-air-intakes/

I checked with the dealership where I bought my Rubi and they all 4 wheel, so I wasn't surprised when they told me I could add an intake and exhaust, as long as it was after the catalytic. So I put this air intake...
https://afepower.com/afe-power-75-76217-momentum-gt-pro-guard-7-cold-air-intake-system ...on mine because it maintains the factory water fording height, looks great, and the "7" filter media is great for sand dunes and dust from wheeling. In the lower ends of my 6 speed it sounds awesome- a deep growl. I instantly noticed a more responsive gas pedal and am happy- especially on the highway! Two weeks later I installed QTP's Screamer exhaust and I love the rumble and enhanced quickness. The dyno results and numbers don't lie: https://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/7/5/75-76217_dc.1528238868.jpg

Can they be manipulated? Maybe, but when you feel the response, then you know it to be true.

I ended up paying $340 after tax. I got mine 15% off, plus another 15% because I ordered it before production and had to wait... then waited some more. I finally called and they made it right by taking the other 15% off. Considering I spent $42k on my JL, $7k+ on a lift, tires, and beadlocks, etc, thousands more etc, in the grand scheme of things it's inconsequential- TO ME.

And that's just it- everyone's builds, concepts, financial situations and experiences are different. People are all too quick to share their opinions instead of cited facts. I say if it makes you happy, DO IT! That's what it's all about: enjoyment! I wouldn't really put too much stock in what people say on a forum- including me ...There's too many unforeseen motives or circumstances... Hop on here, get a consensus, then go to a real source like a mechanic that specializes in Jeeps and ask them- I've never had one that wasn't quick to carry on a conversation or debate about our common passion!
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Don't listen to these guys- here's a good, independent article on how an engine works and the benefits of certain modifications, including cold air intakes: http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/tech-qa/1511-nuts-and-bolts-the-truth-about-cold-air-intakes/

I checked with the dealership where I bought my Rubi and they all 4 wheel, so I wasn't surprised when they told me I could add an intake and exhaust, as long as it was after the catalytic. So I put this air intake...
https://afepower.com/afe-power-75-76217-momentum-gt-pro-guard-7-cold-air-intake-system ...on mine because it maintains the factory water fording height, looks great, and the "7" filter media is great for sand dunes and dust from wheeling. In the lower ends of my 6 speed it sounds awesome- a deep growl. I instantly noticed a more responsive gas pedal and am happy- especially on the highway! Two weeks later I installed QTP's Screamer exhaust and I love the rumble and enhanced quickness. The dyno results and numbers don't lie: https://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/7/5/75-76217_dc.1528238868.jpg

Can they be manipulated? Maybe, but when you feel the response, then you know it to be true.

I ended up paying $340 after tax. I got mine 15% off, plus another 15% because I ordered it before production and had to wait... then waited some more. I finally called and they made it right by taking the other 15% off. Considering I spent $42k on my JL, $7k+ on a lift, tires, and beadlocks, etc, thousands more etc, in the grand scheme of things it's inconsequential- TO ME.

And that's just it- everyone's builds, concepts, financial situations and experiences are different. People are all too quick to share their opinions instead of cited facts. I say if it makes you happy, DO IT! That's what it's all about: enjoyment! I wouldn't really put too much stock in what people say on a forum- including me ...There's too many unforeseen motives or circumstances... Hop on here, get a consensus, then go to a real source like a mechanic that specializes in Jeeps and ask them- I've never had one that wasn't quick to carry on a conversation or debate about our common passion!
Just saw the sound clip on their web site for the QTP exhaust. Haha that V6 sounds mean. Not ideal for where the tips are IMO for where I wheel but cool none the less. Thanks for sharing!

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
People are all too quick to share their opinions instead of cited facts.
True. It's also important to cite facts about how much gain one can expect to realize. For example, with the aFe CAI you mentioned, the manufacturer says up to a 12% increase in HP and torque; I assume that by "up to" it will likely be less in many real-world scenarios. Is that worth the price? That's a very personal question, and the issue behind the "waste of money" vs. "best thing ever" advocacy comments. It's not for me at the moment. I don't disrespect anyone who thinks it is. Who knows? I may change my mind in the future.

JEEP ADDICT 19 said:
I say if it makes you happy, DO IT! That's what it's all about: enjoyment!
Agreed.

Sponsored

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
its the Diablo Sport tuner, you can ship your pcm in or choose to just get one thats been modified to accept a tune. I chose the latter and it really is a big difference. Good for 29hp and 37tq increase. At altitude anything helps.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
its the Diablo Sport tuner, you can ship your pcm in or choose to just get one thats been modified to accept a tune. I chose the latter and it really is a big difference. Good for 29hp and 37tq increase. At altitude anything helps.
Now to add some downpipes and other mods, probably go st2 with a full exhaust and CAI

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Why do all of afe’s products have an off-road use only disclaimer? I’m assuming adding their CAI will void factory warranty also

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Why do all of afe’s products have an off-road use only disclaimer? I’m assuming adding their CAI will void factory warranty also
Pretty much nowadays anything that didnt come from the factory is illegal so these companies put these disclaimers on products to cover their asses so if you get a ticket they dont have to give you a refund

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Most if not all aftermarket parts have an off-road disclaimer. Even the mopar stuff.

Speaking of wasting money. I was at the dealership and this guy next to me had a $4000 bill for a dealer installed lift. But someone wants to spend a few hundred on a CAI and people think its silly. Intakes do work, but your never going to notice 10hp.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR

@JEEP ADDICT 19
How do you like the QTP screamer exhaust? I saw their video and I really like the sound they were able to achieve with it. Much closer to a truck sound than the typical V6 exhaust. Is it really as grumpy sounding in person as it is in the video? I'm debating between just doing a magnaflow delete or the QTP screamer. Any chance you could post a few sound clips? Very limited information out there on this particular exhaust.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6