Reactions: baz

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
From research I've done nothing really adds that much performance. All false hope. You gotta void the warranty to get any real gains. You might get a little from opening up the airflow but you won't get much as far as actual felt difference. Good luck

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
None of that stuff works on a JL right now. And when they do, none of it will improve the performance of your Wrangler in a true, measurable sense. The Wrangler's performance attributes are off-roading, not on-roading. So, if you want the best performance for it, buy it a quality lift kit, regear it, and slap on some big ass tires.

And please, for the love of everything sacred and holy in this world, don't put a CAI in your Wrangler. If you want to burn through a few hundred bucks, just take some cash out of your pocket and literally light it in fire. When people ask what you're doing, you can tell them you're using your CAI.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
None of that stuff works on a JL right now. And when they do, none of it will improve the performance of your Wrangler in a true, measurable sense. The Wrangler's performance attributes are off-roading, not on-roading. So, if you want the best performance for it, buy it a quality lift kit, regear it, and slap on some big ass tires.

And please, for the love of everything sacred and holy in this world, don't put a CAI in your Wrangler. If you want to burn through a few hundred bucks, just take some cash out of your pocket and literally light it in fire. When people ask what you're doing, you can tell them you're using your CAI.
Long ago i took my first wife shopping, she loves yankee candle. She always ended up in there and spent a fortune. I always told her to just light my damn money on fire it’s the same damn thing. She always replied that it smelled good and made her happy.

What do you know, she was right..... I did feel more relaxed when I found a scent I liked.

9C53EE6C-7172-4D6F-9253-EEEE0BC8E0BF.jpeg

Sponsored

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
Long ago i took my first wife shopping, she loves yankee candle. She always ended up in there and spent a fortune. I always told her to just light my damn money on fire it’s the same damn thing. She always replied that it smelled good and made her happy.

What do you know, she was right..... I did feel more relaxed when I found a scent I liked.

LMAO!!! TRUTH!!!

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I'd like to get the best performance out of my 2018 JL Rubicon without affecting factory warranty. What are the top modification available today?

I browsed this merchant with "vehicle specific" fit and saw a few interesting items. Please share your experience if you tried these item or others not listed in this list below. Thank you much!!!

https://www.carid.com/wishlist/e21377e1f369da56b83e4b79e49e9d26 View attachment 21408 View attachment 21408
Performance is not always about what you do to the engine. Take as much weight off as possible and you'll see improvements in acceleration, handling and braking. Go for lightweight wheels.

Contrary to forum wisdom, mods you do to your ride wouldn't void warranty unless the mod caused a problem in the first place. But check your local laws.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
And please, for the love of everything sacred and holy in this world, don't put a CAI in your Wrangler. If you want to burn through a few hundred bucks, just take some cash out of your pocket and literally light it in fire.
Please explain. Serious, no snark. I’m coming from the import world where a CAI has mixed results based on many factors. Sometimes a waste of money, sometimes useful depending on other modifications done to the power train, ECU, and exhaust. So why useless on the Jeep?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Please explain. Serious, no snark. I’m coming from the import world where a CAI has mixed results based on many factors. Sometimes a waste of money, sometimes useful depending on other modifications done to the power train, ECU, and exhaust. So why useless on the Jeep?
They do nothing except sound obnoxious. The 3.6 is optimized and short of putting forced induction on it, you are not going to improve it's performance, and in fact, like with aftermarket exhausts (which all have a negative impact on performance), you will likely have the opposite effect.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
They do nothing except sound obnoxious. The 3.6 is optimized and short of putting forced induction on it, you are not going to improve it's performance, and in fact, like with aftermarket exhausts (which all have a negative impact on performance), you will likely have the opposite effect.
Optimized for what? I’d think every engine could benefit at least a little from a high flow intake and exhaust.

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
They do nothing except sound obnoxious.
God forbid if someone wants to do something with their own money like modifying a Jeep to their liking :D Even the stock JL itself is obnoxious with its side vents and pretend hood vents... not to mention colors like Hella Yella... you should ask FCA to release colors named like daffodil, parchment, healthy prostate, etc.

Optimized for what? I’d think every engine could benefit at least a little from a high flow intake and exhaust.
Benefit yes but noticeable? Not without measuring equipment or under artificial/unlikely conditions. The sound is great though... worth it just for the sound.

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU

EFFF9BA6-E99A-4E70-A34B-79F567D9538F.jpeg EFFF9BA6-E99A-4E70-A34B-79F567D9538F.jpeg

I needed a two pack!

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Why does divorce cost so much????

It is worth it!!!

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I’d think every engine could benefit at least a little from a high flow intake and exhaust.
Any benefit is miniscule and only measurable on a dyno. The increased in-cabin engine noise you'll hear may make you think you feel a gain, but it's an illusion. Been there, done that.

I've had one vehicle where a CAI and a "chip" made a big difference, but it was an F-250 with a 7.0L turbodiesel. I put a CAI in a 3.6L Pentastar-powered Charger. That was a waste of good beer money.
Sponsored