Sponsored

2018 JLUR Codes thrown when battery goes dead

vincentvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
That's what I would do to test a fuse. There are also several posts on here about people getting the pull over engine is shutting down message, without much follow up for solutions. So I hope your problem gets resolved without going down that rabbit hole.
@nullpointer You are the man!

I pulled the fuse array and N3 was blown. Swapped N3 to N4 and she fired right up and runs like a champ. The CEL was on for the first few starts but that cleared up.

I ordered a new array (Part # 68368854AA with the 100A fan fuse as I have the tow package) and I’ll keep a spare in the glovebox.

Thank you again. If you ever find yourself on Long Island I owe you a few rounds.

193E8A5F-636E-4E50-9489-12FC8102507E.jpeg

83A8A9D6-2E35-4773-986C-6B5E779AB2F6.jpeg

7B35833E-7EA7-41BB-B6E0-C73B1E3AD5B8.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NULL POINTER

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
@nullpointer You are the man!

I pulled the fuse array and N3 was blown. Swapped N3 to N4 and she fired right up and runs like a champ. The CEL was on for the first few starts but that cleared up.

I ordered a new array (Part # 68368854AA with the 100A fan fuse as I have the tow package) and I’ll keep a spare in the glovebox.

Thank you again. If you ever find yourself on Long Island I owe you a few rounds.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLUR Codes thrown when battery goes dead 7B35833E-7EA7-41BB-B6E0-C73B1E3AD5B8

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLUR Codes thrown when battery goes dead 7B35833E-7EA7-41BB-B6E0-C73B1E3AD5B8

Glad it worked out. I keep a spare fuse array in my glovebox. Keep an eye on everything once you get it all fixed up. Some of these electrical gremlins can come back.

vincentvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Glad it worked out. I keep a spare fuse array in my glovebox. Keep an eye on everything once you get it all fixed up. Some of these electrical gremlins can come back.
So far so good. I drove it to work this morning with some "voltage anxiety". From what I read the voltage readings I get from the EVIC ranging from 12.7v to 14.2v is apparently normal.

My theory on this whole event is that the Aux battery died which left me stranded. Before I put the new main battery in I was getting normal lights and dash but just a clicking at the starter when I tried to start. Once I put the new main in I got the haywire dash and just about every warning she could give. I feel like I must have grounded the main positive cable during the main battery swap blowing the N3 fuse. I only learned that the main positive is still energized by the Aux battery after the fact.

I learned:

1) Isolate the two ground lines on the main battery terminals and/or cover the main positive line with a glove when disconnecting the battery.

2) Carry a spare Fuse Array.

3) Replace the Aux battery every 3 years or eliminate it completely.

Lastly, I found that the Aux battery is fairly easy to replace from the bottom. I just removed the two bottom rear fender liner clips (the ones that face forward inside the wheel well on the bottom rear edge of the liner), removed the 3 screws and one clip inside the well and folded the whole liner down and out of the way. I used a bungee cord to hold the liner there. About a 20 minute job this way.
Sponsored

Last edited: