First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
Any updates on this topic
I have the same problem with a 392
I have a taser also , what versions were you guys running?
I've had no battery issues since updating the Taser firmware🤞 but it's only been four weeks. The known problematic firmware was 11.3.7. The current firmware (12/22) is five versions newer.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Any updates on this topic
I have the same problem with a 392
I have a taser also , what versions were you guys running?
It was so my fuck up. I apparently hadn't tightened the battery connections sufficiently.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

I am going crazy. I charge my battery almost every 3-5 days and it keeps discharging by itself.

I changed my main battery for a new one, same problem it discharges.

I went to the garage (not at Jeep no trust since I had problems with my dealer), they put TWO different "computers" to see the error messages and if there were any problems, but nothing conclusive.
Moreover I still have the battery (the new one) that discharges even though I made the modification "N1 bridged with N2 + 40A fuse + disconnect the positive cable of the AUX battery", so in this case the AUX battery is not connected anymore (as I understand) and I still disconnect (with the Tazer) the "Start & Stop"

At the moment (December 23, 2022) I am having removed my Tazer (+ unmary), recharging my battery (the new one, it is a week old) and then see if I still have my battery that drains WITHOUT the Tazer in my Jeep.

The version of my Tazer is 11.4.2 (so the last one at the end of this year 2022), I specify that I did a "reboot" + "two cycles".

The ONLY thing I didn't do was to "unmary" the Tazer to update the firmware (and this for several updates). I had read that it was possible to update the firmware and reconnect the Tazer without going through the "unmary" step and then "mary".

I am listening to your advice. Thank you for your help. For now I don't blame the Tazer, I'm just seeing if my battery still discharges as fast without it in my Jeep.

JLnike

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 xr
Did you unmarry, disconnect razed, and still have a drained new battery . Or you are trying that for the first time today ?

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Hello everyone,

I am going crazy. I charge my battery almost every 3-5 days and it keeps discharging by itself.

I changed my main battery for a new one, same problem it discharges.

I went to the garage (not at Jeep no trust since I had problems with my dealer), they put TWO different "computers" to see the error messages and if there were any problems, but nothing conclusive.
Moreover I still have the battery (the new one) that discharges even though I made the modification "N1 bridged with N2 + 40A fuse + disconnect the positive cable of the AUX battery", so in this case the AUX battery is not connected anymore (as I understand) and I still disconnect (with the Tazer) the "Start & Stop"

At the moment (December 23, 2022) I am having removed my Tazer (+ unmary), recharging my battery (the new one, it is a week old) and then see if I still have my battery that drains WITHOUT the Tazer in my Jeep.

The version of my Tazer is 11.4.2 (so the last one at the end of this year 2022), I specify that I did a "reboot" + "two cycles".

The ONLY thing I didn't do was to "unmary" the Tazer to update the firmware (and this for several updates). I had read that it was possible to update the firmware and reconnect the Tazer without going through the "unmary" step and then "mary".

I am listening to your advice. Thank you for your help. For now I don't blame the Tazer, I'm just seeing if my battery still discharges as fast without it in my Jeep.
Disconnect the Aux battery negative and reconnect the positive, you don't want a loose positive cable laying around. The jumper reconnected the positive anyway and the jumper is not needed, just remove fuse 42 to prevent the PCR from seperating the batteries.

Kleiss1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 2018 Mustang GT 6-sp.
Occupation
Retired
I did that on my 2021 JLURD and it still shows “start stop not available. Battery charging “.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you unmarry, disconnect razed, and still have a drained new battery . Or you are trying that for the first time today ?
I have done these tests now with the Tazer removed for the first time:

1. Unmary Tazer
2. My (new) battery has been charging for the moment for about 20 hours

I'll put my results here in a little while, the next step will be:

2. remove the external charger from my battery
3. leave my Jeep in the same situation, so at rest, as for the other times and see if it still drains.

I'll be back as soon as possible

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Disconnect the Aux battery negative and reconnect the positive, you don't want a loose positive cable laying around. The jumper reconnected the positive anyway and the jumper is not needed, just remove fuse 42 to prevent the PCR from seperating the batteries.
[/DEVIS]
Yes #6

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead battery in new JLURD 692385-be39097d039782739a5db9f71e932cfd

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the state of my "optima Yellow" battery (new) and recharged.

My tests are starting without Tazer ... I'll be back in two or three days

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead battery in new JLURD img0A

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead battery in new JLURD img0B

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)