Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Getting similar issues in my 2021 JLURD. Only started after it was disassembled for 2+ months by the dealer service. I'm guessing I have some corroded connections or something not assembled correctly. Different dealer replaced both batteries a few weeks ago and the issues persist.
I wouldn't think that corrosion would be an issue with Utah's low humidity. My issue was my own stupidity in not sufficiently tightening everything down.
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Usually not, but there were several big dust storms followed by heavy rains for several of the weeks it sat in October and November. I wouldn't doubt electrical connections not properly seated based on the rest of the work could be part of it, too.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I have a 2020 JLURD(garage queen). I bought it used in june 21'. It had a winch and led lights on it. in November 21' I added RSE, tazer, pedal monster and derringer. No issues until I went to Hawaii in June 22'. My son went out to all the vehicles and started them up while we were away and had no issues. The day after we come home, we all hop in jeep to go get dinner and it was dead.

I ended up replacing both batteries(both OEM), a new fuse array and several fuses. Ever since then, I have had numerous no starts. I am tired of it not starting, unless it sits on a battery tender. So I pulled the fuses for RSE and battery was dead next day. Pulled negative wire for winch, battery dead next day.

I'm going to pull negative wires for all lights tonight and see if it is dead tomorrow.

I'm going to pull tazer and check for update. Its been awhile since I updated it(june when it all started).

Then I guess I will disconnect pedal monster and derringer if it doesn't change anything.

I drive it around town mainly. I drove it to work all last week(27 miles each way) because my DD was in shop. I would shut it off and the voltage would be at 13.4+/- and when I would get in it 8 hours later it would be at 11.9v. This happened every day. Voltage would go up to 14 and down to 12.0 as driving.

Any suggestions besides leaving it in downtown St. Louis, with the key fob in it and doors off, hoping insurance pays for it?

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm coming back to this old topic.

After many weeks and everything I've been able to test (see above). I've come to the following conclusion about MY jeep.

The modification of putting a fuse on N1 + N2 and disconnecting the negative of the AUX battery was absolutely not optimal, in view of all the problems I had experienced.

On the other hand, the almost identical modification of removing a fuse (from the fuse box in the engine compartment) + disconnecting the negative cable from the AUX battery brought my Jeep back to life.

Indeed, since this different modification, I've never had the message "that the battery was charging and such and such elements were not available", nor have I had any problems starting the engine (the 2.2 Diesel). And yet I don't use my Jeep more or less, and only occasionally.

For me, this modification is the perfect answer to all my problems! Thanks to whoever gave us this tip !!!! :like:

So it wasn't the Tazer, nor the additions connected to the main battery (ARB-double compressor, or others).

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I'm coming back to this old topic.

After many weeks and everything I've been able to test (see above). I've come to the following conclusion about MY jeep.

The modification of putting a fuse on N1 + N2 and disconnecting the negative of the AUX battery was absolutely not optimal, in view of all the problems I had experienced.

On the other hand, the almost identical modification of removing a fuse (from the fuse box in the engine compartment) + disconnecting the negative cable from the AUX battery brought my Jeep back to life.

Indeed, since this different modification, I've never had the message "that the battery was charging and such and such elements were not available", nor have I had any problems starting the engine (the 2.2 Diesel). And yet I don't use my Jeep more or less, and only occasionally.

For me, this modification is the perfect answer to all my problems! Thanks to whoever gave us this tip !!!! :like:

So it wasn't the Tazer, nor the additions connected to the main battery (ARB-double compressor, or others).
You're welcome, pulling the fuse is by far superior to the jumper, but I'm surprised that you experienced such different behaviors between the jumper and pulling the fuse. Some were experiencing blowing the jumper fuse, but other than that I would expect both options to work the same.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
This is what is said on this forum, these two modifications should be the same. But for me there is a huge and very clear difference.

Now it's (finally) perfect

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This is what is said on this forum, these two modifications should be the same. But for me there is a huge and very clear difference.

Now it's (finally) perfect
There's a decent chance that the wiring of the 2.2L diesel is significantly different than what we're accustomed to.
Sponsored