2018 JLU Sahara build advice

NKinsey228

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Hey everyone, first post and looking for advice from experienced builders. I've looked through the site and I know some of what I'll ask has been discussed before, but I couldn't find definitive answers for what I'm looking to do. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

I have a 2018 Sahara Unlimited...Billet Silver with black top, which is currently 100% stock. I'm getting close to ready, financially, to jump into some mods...but not entirely sure on some aspects. Here's what I'm looking at:

1. Upgrade to 35" MT tires. Specifically looking at the Geolandar M/T G003...35x11.5x20. Anyone have experience with these tires? If you'd recommend NOT using them (I have some experience with Yokohama tires, but not these in specifically), then what would your recommendation be?

2. Install Fabtech 3" spacer lift. From my research, this is a quality kit that is easy to install (I plan to install myself). Anyone have any issues with this kit? There is an option to purchase the same kit that includes Fabtech Stealth Shocks for an additional $180. Are the Stealth Shocks worth the upgrade? Will be primarily on-road use, occasional off but not extreme.

3. I know this one has been discussed a lot, and some don't want to see another post about it, but...wheel offset! I like an aggressive look so I'm not trying to tuck entire tire under fenders, but of course I don't want whole tire hanging out either. For all the research I've done, I'm still left feeling unsure what to go with.

4. Haven't settled on exact wheels yet. I like the Fuel Assault, but they are of course on the pricier side. At the same time, I don't want to buy something that I'd regret later. Any recommendations on a wheel to consider?

Again, thanks ahead for any and all advice!
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
4. Haven't settled on exact wheels yet. I like the Fuel Assault, but they are of course on the pricier side. At the same time, I don't want to buy something that I'd regret later. Any recommendations on a wheel to consider?
I have the Rugged Ridge XHD in gun metal grey on mine (they're available in Black, Silver, or the GM.) I went with the 17x9 and they've done great. Not a tremendous amount of additional weight, good look, and RR usually has some sort of rebate or other promotion to offset the price as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLU Sahara build advice 1600358653480