2 Door Mojito Rubi

1lostCDN

First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Jimmy (Jeep coming soon)
Hey there! I have kind of been scoping out this build for a while and I will be using it as inspiration when i build my yellow 2 door later this year. I was wondering how it drives with the 6 speed? Im so torn between the 6 speed and the auto cause I want to build mine in remembrance to my dads old yellow YJ he had and would love to have it as a stick. I want to do 40s so bad but I might just stop at 37s/38s to make sure it stays together haha.

yellow rubicon.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TankCustomsAlex

TankCustomsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr Mojito
Hey there! I have kind of been scoping out this build for a while and I will be using it as inspiration when i build my yellow 2 door later this year. I was wondering how it drives with the 6 speed? Im so torn between the 6 speed and the auto cause I want to build mine in remembrance to my dads old yellow YJ he had and would love to have it as a stick. I want to do 40s so bad but I might just stop at 37s/38s to make sure it stays together haha.

yellow rubicon.jpg
Hey whats up! Sorry for the delay, this quarentine stuff is crazy around here. Love the Yellow jeeps, gonna look great. Im verry happy with the 6-speed, its fun to drive. However, it definitely needs gears when you get the bigger tires. The auto on the JL's is great, ive driven many and the auto definitely makes it wasy to drive/wheel with the bigger tires. The 6-speed produces more challenges when wheeling....which can be a fun thing if you like challenges. I have no regrets with the 6-speed. Although, the auto is pretty nice...definitely compared to my old 2008 JKU auto.

1lostCDN

First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Jimmy (Jeep coming soon)
Hey whats up! Sorry for the delay, this quarentine stuff is crazy around here. Love the Yellow jeeps, gonna look great. Im verry happy with the 6-speed, its fun to drive. However, it definitely needs gears when you get the bigger tires. The auto on the JL's is great, ive driven many and the auto definitely makes it wasy to drive/wheel with the bigger tires. The 6-speed produces more challenges when wheeling....which can be a fun thing if you like challenges. I have no regrets with the 6-speed. Although, the auto is pretty nice...definitely compared to my old 2008 JKU auto.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah this beer virus stuff is crazy even up here. What gears are you running in your rig? I was eyeing up 5.13's in case i wanted to jump to 40's but most likely will stay with 37s for a while. Hard to find reviews from people with the 6 speed and gears lol, every gear thread I search is 90% auto stuff.

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply! Yeah this beer virus stuff is crazy even up here. What gears are you running in your rig? I was eyeing up 5.13's in case i wanted to jump to 40's but most likely will stay with 37s for a while. Hard to find reviews from people with the 6 speed and gears lol, every gear thread I search is 90% auto stuff.
Hi @1lostCDN . I actually took a plunge and ordered a 2 door rubicon 6-speed. From what I see everywhere you should be fine up to 37" even with stock 4.10. What you will get is the same feel as the non-rubi with stock tires and 3.54. So, of course it will be different, but it should be absolutely drivable. I myself will go to 35" only with a Mopar lift for now. Check out this calculator:
https://www.intercotire.com/tire_size_change_gear_ratio_calculator
You need to hit "reset" button each time you want to do a new calculation for some reason.
Sponsored