Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Thanks, the Hardtop is a must-have for me. I'll check back with him.
Also check with the mega dealers in your greater area. Concerned that this dealer may have wanted to convert you over to something they have on their lot or that is already on order in their system.
Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Thanks, the Hardtop is a must-have for me. I'll check back with him.
I had the same issue happen to me, tried to order on 1/17 with a Hardtop -- system wouldn't take it with the hardtop being the issue. The order went through no problems on the 18th. Sounds like maybe Jeep has a quota per day on hardtops or something of the sort.

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon (Sold), 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2011 BMW 1M
2 Door Rubi ordered on Jan. 8 VIN received on 13th. Still in D status. I am like a kid at Christmas as well. Waiting and waiting and anxious to see someone with a 2 door move to D1! Updates very much appreciated!
Ordered my 2-door Rubi: firecracker, manual, tow, Winter- Dec 23rd. Have a Vin. Dealer and chat confirmed D1 for a few weeks now but no progress since. Chat said it would progress to production once all parts were collected. Could not give me any timeline.

C137

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Unlimited
They may have meant 'D' was your status. D1 should mean they have all the parts already.

Edited with the some of the codes in case anybody is curious.:

Scheduled
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned

Build
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built
I - unit is pending final inspection
J - vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
The frustrating part of this process for me is the opacity of going from D to D1 status. OldGuyNewJeep put me on to the tracking service at jeepgarage.org which is available to anyone willing to pay $25 to become a level III member. Watching that, it's apparent that D1 means your vehicle is starting to build now and is usually complete in 48hrs. Many receive D1 notification after the vehicle is built, meaning D1 is virtually synonymous with status I.

The problem is that time to D1 is unpredictable. Many have been in D status for months and there is no discernible pattern behind which advance quickly to D1 and those that don't. In a positive development, the most recent JLU orders tracked on that site went from order date to D1 in as little as 3 days. That suggests that the JLU order backlog is beginning to dissipate.

However, there will be a backlog for 2drs when production begins on Feb 12, with the question being how large. Based on history, D1 status for 2drs won't start showing up before the 12th and those will just be hardtops. For many of us with hardtop orders, the wait could be weeks longer depending on that backlog.

Like I said in a previous post, my factory order experience is limited to GM. Their practice is to assign a build week once an order reaches the rough equivalent of D status. That is usually three to four weeks in advance of the build. They are quite clear that this is a target that is subject to change, but they are accurate for the vast majority of orders.

I'm pretty sure that FCA has the same degree of schedule planning in their manufacturing but are choosing not to share that information. That's the frustrating part.

Sponsored

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They may have meant 'D' was your status. D1 should mean they have all the parts already.

Edited with the some of the codes in case anybody is curious.:

Scheduled
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned

Build
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built
I - unit is pending final inspection
J - vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced
Thanks for the guide. Very helpful. Both Dealer and chat said specifically said D1 status not just D. But couldn’t give me a ship date, so I don’t know what to think.

Powdrmut

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2018 JL Rubicon
Ordered my JL Rubicon, Granite Crystal on 12/19/17. VON & VIN assigned, D status. 3.6L, auto, hardtop black, body color fenders, leather bucket seats, safety group, trailer tow group, LED lighting group....repeated emails with local dealer & factory rep. no answers as to when 2door production starts...Jeep customercare calls, 3 Jeep live chats...nada. No one has voiced a 2/12 or 3/12/18 two door production start. Nothing, maybe the Jeep dealer guy on this board can weigh in with some info....we patiently wait

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Thanks for the guide. Very helpful. Both Dealer and chat said specifically said D1 status not just D. But couldn’t give me a ship date, so I don’t know what to think.
Get your dealer to email you the Priced Order Confirmation sheet. Your salesman may not have access to it, but the new car sales manager does. That printout from FCA has the status code and description on it.

Like I said above, almost all of the D1 status dates I've seen for Wranglers have been within 48hrs of the build date so yours would be very unusual if it has been sitting there for weeks.

C137

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Unlimited
Hey that's good news for all 2 doors if you are. You might be one of the first and more of us could join you. Here' hoping:)

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I thought two door production didn't start until Feb. 12?

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plate says “Manufacturer” so maybe a test fleet vehicle?

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
May well be, I didn't notice the plate as I was so focused on the beauty of the Rubi! Can't wait for mine.

Powdrmut

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2018 JL Rubicon
I thought two door production didn't start until Feb. 12?
Hey Fred, I asked the same question, post #67 yesterday. Was hoping Jeep dealer guy, or Jay could dig up confirmation of 2/12 production start. I see his repeated in other threads, rumors? Order 12/13, VON 12/19, L.I. NY

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
For those of us waiting for our 2 Doors to hit D1, the new Jeep "Adventure Reality" augmented reality app at least makes you think you have it in the garage, or the living room for that matter :cwl:

cropped.png
Sponsored