2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Anyone taken delivery of a 2 door Sport? (not Sport S)

Any idea how long it should take for me to get a VON. "Ordered" Friday, but I didn't sit down and physically watch him order it, so who knows.
You will have a VON the minute your dealer submits the order.
Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
I received the following this morning:

Dear Mark: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon! According to our resources, your vehicle has been built & was approved for shipment today. With that being said, shipment arrangements have not yet been completed; therefore, I do not have a dealership ETA available at this time. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

So, those of you who have already been thru this - any educated guesses on how much more waiting I have. It's only been 133 days so far. LOL
Please keep track of the days in KZ for us that waited so long.
I really do believe you will have it soon. The JL's are moving much
faster as I see in these posts. Still though Jeep has NO RIGHT to stock
these dealer lots until they finish Dec. and Jan. orders. I do feel your
pain and I myself could not last through this as you have done so.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
You will have a VON the minute your dealer submits the order.
Perhaps it isn't submitted and I need to budge. That, or they just didn't feel the need to email me it.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
Well, we were one of the first to order in UT on 12/22. Finally picked up my 2-dr JL Black Hardtop Sport S on 6/8!! ONLY 5 1/2 months! But... it was worth the wait. My dealer checked UT statewide inventory (and I followed up with calls to other dealers throughout the state which all claimed "We have one 'on the way'"} and it appears that our JL Sport S is the first in the state. For what that's worth. LOL

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Well, we were one of the first to order in UT on 12/22. Finally picked up my 2-dr JL Black Hardtop Sport S on 6/8!! ONLY 5 1/2 months! But... it was worth the wait. My dealer checked UT statewide inventory (and I followed up with calls to other dealers throughout the state which all claimed "We have one 'on the way'"} and it appears that our JL Sport S is the first in the state. For what that's worth. LOL
Fellow Utahn that just placed an order--which dealer did you go through?

Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Perhaps it isn't submitted and I need to budge. That, or they just didn't feel the need to email me it.
All of you must have a bit of dealer " doesn't do that for me. " I have seen
alot here where dealers do less than they really can do for you. I had
my VON right after I signed on the dotted line. Your dealer has it call him.
Also your VIN will be to you by Friday. Again ask for it.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of you must have a bit of dealer " doesn't do that for me. " I have seen
alot here where dealers do less than they really can do for you. I had
my VON right after I signed on the dotted line. Your dealer has it call him.
Also your VIN will be to you by Friday. Again ask for it.
If he doesn't respond to this second email by tomorrow, I'll be calling.

Thanks guys.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
OK, confession time. While it is awesome seeing people get their Jeeps, the one I am rooting for is IMBlu. No idea what the holdup is, but they need to move that Jeep to KZ and get it out ASAP!
Thank you! I’m rooting for me too! I’m 27 days in JB, thinking it must be the headliner?
OK, confession time. While it is awesome seeing people get their Jeeps, the one I am rooting for is IMBlu. No idea what the holdup is, but they need to move that Jeep to KZ and get it out ASAP!

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Anyone taken delivery of a 2 door Sport? (not Sport S)

Any idea how long it should take for me to get a VON. "Ordered" Friday, but I didn't sit down and physically watch him order it, so who knows.
Should have the VON the date it ordered and a VIN a few days later. I was lucky and from order date to dealer delivery was 39 days. Good luck to you!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Im hoping exactly the same thing, but i remain cautiously optimistic. Well maybe leaning toward pessimistic

To be honest dealing with my dealer is almost as painful as dealing with Jeep Chat. I did ask him last week, he said he was on holiday and he will check for me when is back. Which is supposed to be today. Im probably not going to get an update without nagging on him again
Holiday-Smaoliday! Well, my dealer says to send email does not work. I’m yet to get a response from him to my questions. He emails me with updates, of which there aren’t any.
I emailed him a week ago asking what I need to do to start dealer financing for when my Jeep arrives; no response.
I stopped calling 866/877, since there is nothing new.
So, anyone with headliner that got installed in less than 30 days lately???

Sponsored

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Holiday-Smaoliday! Well, my dealer says to send email does not work. I’m yet to get a response from him to my questions. He emails me with updates, of which there aren’t any.
I emailed him a week ago asking what I need to do to start dealer financing for when my Jeep arrives; no response.
Haha i like the "He emails me with updates, of which there arent any" :cwl::cwl:

I also asked about getting the finance sorted, and at least got that going.

I was 20 something days in JB for the same thing. Just hope the train carrying your Wrangler doesnt break down for a week and then disappears into the nether like whats happening to me. :jk::whatsgoingon:

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Haha i like the "He emails me with updates, of which there arent any" :cwl::cwl:

I also asked about getting the finance sorted, and at least got that going.

I was 20 something days in JB for the same thing. Just hope the train carrying your Wrangler doesnt break down for a week and then disappears into the nether like whats happening to me. :jk::whatsgoingon:
Are you about to change your screen name to lethargic or despondent?

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Mine was in JB for 16 days....5-15 to 5-31. Waiting for delivery to the dealer now.