Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
This process is ridiculous, like trying to read tea leaves, remotely

My build went to D1 on Monday - no update as I was told I would get, I went to chat to ask this morning.

Order was placed on Apr 6th, 2dr Rubicon with premium soft top - which they didn't start building until mid May.

Is there any normal time frame from when it goes to D1? They told me not scheduled, everything available for build, can be in D1 for up to three weeks.
For many of us 3 weeks in D1 was nothing but now with production at a normal pace I would guess you could be in D1 for only a few weeks, but it could be longer as well. Just be patient and the time will go by quickly.
Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth

My build went to D1 on Monday - no update as I was told I would get, I went to chat to ask this morning.

Order was placed on Apr 6th, 2dr Rubicon with premium soft top - which they didn't start building until mid May.

Is there any normal time frame from when it goes to D1? They told me not scheduled, everything available for build, can be in D1 for up to three weeks.
a 3 week wait from d1 til build date is fairly typical. some beat that, most do not, some take much much longer, but that's a sign of some issue. best to ask your dealer for updated POC as it will show your build date (listed as estimated ship date)

this world spins from the same unseen forces that twist our jeeps

Last edited:

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
I’ve moved on to figuring out what will be the first few things I do to my JL when I get it.
The #1 thing will be to remove the god awful air flow dam between the bumper and the fender. That thing is hideous.
Eventually going to replace the bumpers but it’ll be to late into summer when I get it to worry bout that now.... plus aftermarket has to catch up as well.
What was the #1 thing you guys wanted to get done upon pickup of the JL?

CAA6863B-D946-4F93-BBEC-EB21E639DAF1.png

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Holy Toledo, it has been all I can do to keep up with this thread to see who may have been lucky enough to get their Jeep. I had no idea that in the 4 door world one could order and receive a vehicle in 4-6 weeks!! Now I feel incredibly pooped on by FCA!

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve moved on to figuring out what will be the first few things I do to my JL when I get it.
The #1 thing will be to remove the god awful air flow dam between the bumper and the fender. That thing is hideous.
Eventually going to replace the bumpers but it’ll be to late into summer when I get it to worry bout that now.... plus aftermarket has to catch up as well.
What was the #1 thing you guys wanted to get done upon pickup of the JL?.
Debadge the entire jeep, remove the rubicon sticker from hood, wrangler and jeep from front quarter panel. Cheap and easy first mod, did the same on my '09 JK

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2

The whole reason this thread was started was mainly due to a lack of communication and inaccurate info from FCA. There are no norms in how they build. Although they stated that they are prioritizing earlier orders over recent, we have seen the exact opposite. I have my build info in my signature. Hope that helps give you some ideas on timelines. Of course, yours may be much quicker as they are likely not as backlogged as they were.

JDZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500 Night, Mustang vert, Lexus SUV
a 3 week wait from d1 til build date is fairly typical. some beat that, most do not, some take much much longer, but that's a sign of some issue. best to ask your dealer for updated POC as it will show your build date (listed as estimated ship date)
Thank you, will do.

Once the build starts, what is a 'normal' (assuming no Snafu's) time frame for it to be completed?

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2

winch, winch guard, and bug shield

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door

same - got it at night in rain, next morning took off euro covers and cut back out the piece to cover fog light wiring. also removed plastic air dam. within 5 days, put on a stubby antenna, new white lettering out 33 ko2s - and then derped the grill for 12 bucks. just waiting for my sill guards and i’m all set, for like a month ;)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

#1 will be to swap tires and TPMS to the upgraded Rubicon wheels sitting in the basement.

This follows driving it for a bit and familiarizing myself with the new systems. Got push buttons and test things. lol

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I do have a laundry list of things to do once my Jeep finally arrives.

It does help to have distractions. Installing the winch, winch guard, aux lights, wheels, etc and then cleaning and waxing. Still deciding on rust protection as well as other paint protection options. Then there is the pulley for the roof removal and storage...

Tillamook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Saw my first 2-door in person at Global Jeep in NJ.

061D5F61-17BA-4373-BCF1-CF693578630E.jpeg
So, our white JL 2 door sport arrived 3 weeks ago today. Nobody except hard core JL fans know it is anything different that a regular Wrangler so you will probably not be getting many additional looks. Unless, you drive into another Jeep dealership because many of the sales representatives will have not seen one and they will be curious.

I'm excited about this NJ, JL because now Saddleman Seat covers will have something to model their seat covers from. It's not just waiting for the Jeep, it is also waiting for the extra specialized "custom" accessories that may have been ordered and there has not been anything out there to take measurements from. Hopefully whoever ordered this JL won't take it away before they can get a tape measurement of the seats.

Another note once you get the hang of it, getting in the back seat isn't to bad, and the extra leg room does make a difference. I keep saying it, "it is one sweet ride".

Larry

First Name
Larry20
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK S 2-Door Rock Lobster Red, 2018 JL S 2-Door Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
waiting 1.jpg

Mine was built and in KZ on 5/30. No movement or updates other than the dealer claims will be in town on Saturday (doubtful).

37 2-doors within 150 of Minneapolis, 1 'On dealer lot', all others in transit. This does not include any already delivered to a customer.

3 of the 37 have Premium Soft Top (PST) including mine.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
First thing I will do is run in circles around it, flapping my hands around and squealing like a little girl.

When I had the Sport S on order I had around 6k in upgrades lined up for it. At that point I realized I might as well just get a Rubicon.

So now can’t say I have a ton to do. Stubby antenna, maybe new wheels in the first month or two, and sliders whenever 2-door versions are ready.

O and decided to get paint protection film. Not all over, but full hood and a few spots known to get chipped up. Then ceramic coating. Will get both done right away.