Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep chat says check back in May, so I called the 800# and after being put on hold a bunch I was told they are NOT building 2 doors yet, maybe in another week. It really seemed like they are withholding information to keep us in the dark for the sake of damage control. This is a joke.
Sponsored

alphacc82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU - Punk'n
Jeep chat says check back in May, so I called the 800# and after being put on hold a bunch I was told they are NOT building 2 doors yet, maybe in another week. It really seemed like they are withholding information to keep us in the dark for the sake of damage control. This is a joke.
Dang, so much info that is all over the place... My first Jeep vehicle and it certainly has me worried about quality, warranty etc. This is pretty much a representation of the company, which CLEARLY has issues. I have read people rationalizing this and i get it, you really want the wrangler. At the end of the day there is communication issues. I'd bet company wide its a sh*t show with communication and high levels of inefficiency.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
2 door (obviously :))
Rubicon
Manual
LED
Cold weather
Cloth
Black fenders
Black freedom top
Punkn color
Tow package
8" uconnect
Premium sound
Standard bumper

Umm I think that's it.
when was your order date? I know you stated it some time ago; just too lazy to search for it.

My order is very similar; maybe I'll get lucky soon.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Dang, so much info that is all over the place... My first Jeep vehicle and it certainly has me worried about quality, warranty etc. This is pretty much a representation of the company, which CLEARLY has issues. I have read people rationalizing this and i get it, you really want the wrangler. At the end of the day there is communication issues. I'd bet company wide its a sh*t show with communication and high levels of inefficiency.
2 star reliability! You most likely will have problems, the key is to stay away from problem early units while they are trying to figure out how to get tops on without water and wind issues (they are not shipping right away until they water profile the first round.) After the first round of reweld and adjustments, hopefully they feed that back into next rounds so they don't need so much banging and welding.

If you buy an early pilot unit, check your doors close and line up and look under it on frame for excessive rewelding and rust. Sadly looking for oil and coolant leaks is a good idea as well. I would pass if its excessive.

Alot of the units should be ok, but there is gonna be a slug of wierdness, luckily some of the problems got sorted on 4 doors, so we are better off all the way around.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
when was your order date? I know you stated it some time ago; just too lazy to search for it.

My order is very similar; maybe I'll get lucky soon.
I believe it was on February 13th. I don't think the dealer actually placed the order right away which was earlier in the month

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
2 star reliability! You most likely will have problems, the key is to stay away from problem early units while they are trying to figure out how to get tops on without water and wind issues (they are not shipping right away until they water profile the first round.) After the first round of reweld and adjustments, hopefully they feed that back into next rounds so they don't need so much banging and welding.

If you buy an early pilot unit, check your doors close and line up and look under it on frame for excessive rewelding and rust. Sadly looking for oil and coolant leaks is a good idea as well. I would pass if its excessive.

Alot of the units should be ok, but there is gonna be a slug of wierdness, luckily some of the problems got sorted on 4 doors, so we are better off all the way around.
I disagree with this. I ordered a4 door JKU as soon as they were released and it was one of the most reliable vehicles Iā€™ve ever had. There is a LOT of speculations thrown around on here with no factual basis behind it. I know there can be issues, as there can with any manufacturer, but this whole frame weld issue (only seen one, maybe 2 people posting issue and looks to be a very small batch if any more than what we saw, and could of just been the one where the welding bot had an issue). The soft tops and the hard tops have gone through extensive testing BEFORE the manufacturing process and the first batches are checked for tolerances and whatnot, not welded and this and that and the other thing to fix it. They are just making sure all the parameters they put in BEFORE the process are met and there would be very little if any adjustments to be made.

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
Me too. You also going to do Black Bear and Imogene while you're there?
Probably Ophir and maybe Imogene for the first time out. Iā€™ll probably wait till I get 33s to do black bear

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Ok, I'm not getting excited till i see it on the spread sheet, but jeep chat just said my jeep is in D1 . For what it's worth i've talked to jeep chat over a dozen times , and this is the first time they have ever told me i'm D1. 2dr rubi m/t with black premium soft top.

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Ok, I'm not getting excited till i see it on the spread sheet, but jeep chat just said my jeep is in D1 . For what it's worth i've talked to jeep chat over a dozen times , and this is the first time they have ever told me i'm D1. 2dr rubi m/t with black premium soft top.
Nice, hopefully they are correct and things are starting to move. Eventually all of us premium soft top guys are gonna have to go D1. What was your order date?

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Nice, hopefully they are correct and things are starting to move. Eventually all of us premium soft top guys are gonna have to go D1. What was your order date?
i believe 2-16 i placed the order on 2-13 but i know the dealer wasnt able to get it in right away

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I figured Iā€™d check with Jeep chat to see if mine moved. I got the 2 door production hasnā€™t started and is scheduled to begin the second week in April. Iā€™m like ok, but we are in the 3rd week of April and yes it did start in the 2nd week. 3 minutes of my life I wonā€™t get back.
Sponsored