2 door Bronco

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Looks aside, nothing beats a straight axle for off road durability. Ford knows this that’s why they’re always bragging about the solid axle on their F250 and up pick up trucks versus the inferior IFS trucks.
Wait what.. Solid axels have fewer moving parts, how can they be more durable, oh yeah, nevermind, haha.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I don't really understand the base-Squatch = amazeballs attitude. You can do the same thing with the base-Rubi if you want. I bought a "base" Rubicon for $39k. All I didn't get was the 35" Squatch tires I wouldn't buy anyway. I got the better stereo (that forces Bronco buyers into the "Lux" package) and BFG KO2, so that's a win for the Rubi in my book.

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I have driven a 2dr Bronco. They seem fine to me. On the other hand, you never want to get in a discussion when it comes to these:
CRV vs. Rav4
Camry vs Accord
Corolla vs Civic

Those are knock down, drag out battles and we all know which ones are the best (it's super obvious).
Yup,.....Subaru.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
2-door JL specific thread?
I am curious. What is "so amazing" about GOAT mode?

Isnt this the same as the crawl control and such on Toyotas and the recently added "offroad +" to the Rubicons?

I mean. The traction control on the Wrangler is pretty darn nice too. Which automatically calibrates depending what your transfer case is set at (2WD,4WD,4LO). And the ZF-8speed transmission beats whatever any computer can do with a shitty transmission in my opinion.
Right… The damn Jeep renegade has “goat” mode. Lol

Sponsored

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Astronaut
2-door JL specific thread?

Right… The damn Jeep renegade has “goat” mode. Lol
The Grand Cherokee has had the off road modes since 2011. The electronic 4x4 modes are over rated.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yup,.....Subaru.
Subaru, I like that the head gaskets leak (just did another set last week). What is the best, is replacing the rear wheel bearings that for some reason go out starting at 80K. To top it off, the older ones have that really long bolt that rusts itself into place. So expect a few hours getting that thing out or just breaking it off and using the blue wrench. The newer ones are bolt in yet they rust themselves into place. When you finally get it out of the upright (which you can't get the upright into a press) then you work for another hour getting the backing plate free from the old bearing.

I just do not understand how Subarus have so many rear wheel bearing failures. You'd think they would have figured it out by now. I have a system for replacing them but can't imagine someone trying to do it in their driveway. Also, I live in the rust belt, thus it's a reality.

Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I ordered these two 19 months apart. They showed up the same week. 2022 Badlands with manual transmission and 2023 Rubicon with manual transmission. I took the Bronco home for a weekend test drive and then took it back to the Ford dealership. 23 months after I ordered it, I ended up not buying it. I like the Rubicon better. Yes, I have a 5th gen Bronco too.

311775437_3370492963279079_2301018607394403477_n.jpg

20221111_095447.jpg

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Subaru, I like that the head gaskets leak (just did another set last week) ...
Pretty sure they fixed the head gasket issue at least a few years ago.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Pretty sure they fixed the head gasket issue at least a few years ago.
Time will tell. I heard this 20 years ago and thus they still leak. The switch to MLS is better.

Deleted member 59498

What about them All New 2023 Chevy Colorado? Just throwing something out there see if it sticks any where!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Bronco 2023-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-054
Sponsored