2 door 4" lift

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have a manual 2 door rubi with 4 inch coil lift..., control arm drop, adjustable front and rear track bars, and selector shaft brace.

Wondering if I should get track bar brackets for the axles, drive shafts, adjustable control arms.
Anyone get to this point yet?

No steering issues, ever.
More worried about breaking the driveshafts on the trail
Pic for just cous

20221030_145635.jpg

20221113_160807.jpg

20221113_164503.jpg

20221113_164516.jpg
Sponsored

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician
Am I reading right? You added 4" of lift using stock control arms? Idk, but that seems like a lot without adjustable control arms. Curious to know how much the control arm bracket drop is. Have you had your caster checked?

As for drivelines, that depends how much droop you have with your particular set up. I wouldn't be flexing out until you know what your driveline is doing.

Reactions: J0E

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
At 4 inches of lift I'd do all 8 adjustable arms and trackbar front and rear.

There are other things to consider too like rerouting your ebrake cables under the rear axle. 4" seems excessive for a 35 are you planning to go to a bigger tire?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlr
I really am posting to say that your jeep looks really good, never seen mudflaps on a wrangler that I like but those are cool! I also like the lift to tire ratio going on there.

Now to be an internet mechanic: anybody more knowledgeable please school me, love learning about this stuff.

I agree with bumpit on the control arms and e brake cable.

Also four inches on a two door may be time to start looking at driveshafts? If you have proportional shocks/lots of droop I feel like those u joint angles will be getting stressed. Though the control arms can help a bit with that by adjusting pinion angle I would still feel uncomfortable locked and flexing on the trails with stock driveshafts

I am curious, at what point do you need brake line extensions for jls if you are flexing it out? I heard you can unbolt one of the hangers but how far does that get ya?

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really am posting to say that your jeep looks really good, never seen mudflaps on a wrangler that I like but those are cool! I also like the lift to tire ratio going on there.

Now to be an internet mechanic: anybody more knowledgeable please school me, love learning about this stuff.

I agree with bumpit on the control arms and e brake cable.

Also four inches on a two door may be time to start looking at driveshafts? If you have proportional shocks/lots of droop I feel like those u joint angles will be getting stressed. Though the control arms can help a bit with that by adjusting pinion angle I would still feel uncomfortable locked and flexing on the trails with stock driveshafts

I am curious, at what point do you need brake line extensions for jls if you are flexing it out? I heard you can unbolt one of the hangers but how far does that get ya?
I did it at 2.5" of lift. You just reroute them under the rear cross member. I can't say how much the brackets would give you. When I did the lift I put on a 12.3 travel shock in the rear and it was actually in the lift directions to go ahead and do it.

OP
OP

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Adjustable track bars- check
Ebrake cables-check
Front brake line anchors-check
2.5 inch bump stops- check
Teraflex control arm brackets with support brackets-check
Steersmart selector shaft/ trackbar brace- check
Also skid plates on rear control arm/shock, front and rear differentials.
BTW...the control arm drop and the steering brace is grate

20221007_175159.jpg

20221112_150737.jpg

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your driveshafts will work till they don't but at 4" I'd consider it. Pick your fav brand really.

As far as trackbar brackets if you've got adjustables that will get you what you need. If yours steering arms have decent angles and it's steering nice I'd run it.

If you don't have an engine/trans skid I'd consider one if your going to be in the rocks. The trans lines are pretty exposed under there.

I also use that steering brace and their front steering setup. Everything steer smarts makes is solid.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Nice pics. I’ve been eyeballing the MC 4.5” game changer for my 2 door. Wish their new long arm was available for the 2 door.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I'll third driveshafts. If you're running shocks that give you the amount of flex one expects from a 4" lift, you're going to want aftermarket front/rear driveshafts. Tom Woods, Adams, JE Reel, your local driveline shop, any of them should be able to build you a decent pair of driveshafts.

Sponsored

Deathmatrix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What mudflaps are those? Also great looking 2 door.

OP
OP

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Your driveshafts will work till they don't but at 4" I'd consider it. Pick your fav brand really.

As far as trackbar brackets if you've got adjustables that will get you what you need. If yours steering arms have decent angles and it's steering nice I'd run it.

If you don't have an engine/trans skid I'd consider one if your going to be in the rocks. The trans lines are pretty exposed under there.

I also use that steering brace and their front steering setup. Everything steer smarts makes is solid.
Thanks. No trans lines on mine. Transfercase skid, manual transmission.

OP
OP

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
At 4 inches of lift I'd do all 8 adjustable arms and trackbar front and rear.

There are other things to consider too like rerouting your ebrake cables under the rear axle. 4" seems excessive for a 35 are you planning to go to a bigger tire?
Already did the ebrake cables, keeping the 35s for now with the stock 410 gears. I'm debating on wich to do first...control arms or drive shafts. Thanks

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know why you'd go for adjustable control arms if you already bought and installed drop brackets. Also the engine/trans skid protects your oil pan as well. Drive shafts seem like the first thing I would do on your list.
Is there something your wanting it to do better? Have you had it out wheeling?
Sponsored