Sponsored

2.0L Turbo non-BSG engine

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
A "catch can" will alleviate those worries. You know you want it, Resistance is Futile !
Do you have one installed? I’ve followed the Mishimoto thread but it sounds like they are still tweaking their catch can to avoid the CEL faults. I’d be comforted to know they’ve finalized it to a point where the CEL codes no longer appear.

I am rooting for the turbo option. The math on the fuel savings seems to be a wash, so it’s more about power and range.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'll get the Catch Can when the details are taken care of. The great mpgs more than make up for the extra cost of premium non- ethanol, the fun factor is Priceless...

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The 48v location is in no more danger of being ripped off than the evap canisters were on the JKs. Did it happen? Sure, but it wasn't as widespread as everyone makes it out to be with these batteries. Unless you made the largest oops of your life, you'll likely deform the stock skid and go on with life.

As far as BSG vs non-BSG, there's really no point in comparing as its simply not an option outside the Sahara. IF it disappears from the sahara in 21, it's a good bet that those of us with the BSG are looking at inflated repair prices outside of warranty due to unavailability of parts on such a short run. That, and only that, is the reason I regret my BSG. Fortunately, the 3.0 is right around the corner and I'll likely trade in for that.

I've had my catch can on for 5k miles now (installed at 100 miles) and haven't had a CEL yet.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
There might be a " 48v BSG Delete" kit in a few years, since they are only on the 2018-2019
2.0T models, and Sahara 2020 . Maybe gone by 2021 on the Turbo...
Warranty is 8 years, 80,000 miles...

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my jlur turbo yesterday... no bag 2029 model.. I can not believe a 4cl moves the big heavy steel axle Jeep the way it does.. blows the doors off my 2017 jk sahara.. if anyone is worried losing the mild hybrid makes this thing sluggish, don’t worry.. things got guts for sure

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the V6 for the reasons in my earlier post, but could have easily chosen the 2.0 non BSG. I know there will be times I wish I had opted for the Turbo. Cest la vie. You can’t go wrong either way.

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU 2.0, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0, 2018 Ford Focus ST 2.4
2019 Sahara 2.0 for 1524 miles. Great so far. This will be the engine configuration folks will be searching for in a couple of years. It is THAT good. I came out of a 2012 BMW X5 4.4L twin turbo.
The power and drivability are tremendous with this JLU.
Love it!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I did put on 75lb tires today and it seriously slowed down the vehicle, I am putting a tazer on after the kids go to bed, hopefully that brings back some of the punch

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Never mind, just installed the tazer and reset for the larger tires and it’s back to zipping around.. feels different but back to quick, responsive, and fun..
Sponsored

Last edited: