DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see a security container for everyday vehicles that doesnt look like I could pop it open in 5 sec with a 10" screw driver.
I think you'd take longer than that. I had a guy try that on a Tuffy in my YJ and he gave up. Besides, it's a vehicle, not a house. You can't fit a Fort Knox safe in there.
Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I do not disagree. But my ramset, big screw driver, and bolt cutters can probably take 90% of the containers out there in 5 seconds.

Trefflek

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Sahara wrangler, 2005 Chevy Avalanche 2500 with plow, 2006 subaru impreza, 2013 camry

Trefflek

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Sahara wrangler, 2005 Chevy Avalanche 2500 with plow, 2006 subaru impreza, 2013 camry
I do not disagree. But my ramset, big screw driver, and bolt cutters can probably take 90% of the containers out there in 5 seconds.
They have to know a safe is in the vehicle if they are coming with a bolt cutter and screwdrivers to rip it open or out. The ultimate goal is to now let them see your safe.

empty pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wow! Some bizarre comments on this one!

My handgun is also generally on my person or in the top console (Gladiator and Glock 43). But when I travel and have to park at the airport I use this simple lock:

B89D4137-89D8-4E04-B335-B188EE1FB9F2.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
....which is why anyone who locks a firearm in vehicle unattended should have security cameras.(I'm running Blackvue front/rear cameras, also records while vehicle is off).

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Since it is not intended for condition zero carry, I like having the center console safe. It is there to secure valuables when I have to leave the naked or semi-naked jeep alone for a bit. Will be trying the consolevault I think

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Besides, it's a vehicle, not a house. You can't fit a Fort Knox safe in there.
Well, not in a 2 door Jeep anyway

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Sponsored

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
The situation in VA bears watching.
And we would appreciate any outside support! While the Army moved me a few times this is my home state and I'm severely ashamed and disgusted that someone like this would have power. However, lots of 2A sanctuaries are very much unanimous. If Bloomsburg and his outside contributions weren't allowed, likely wouldn't have seen this. So..if you're a neighbor or feel like a longer journey. Please provide a voice and additional noise for our side of the argument.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I only carry on my person. However, if I'm going into a federal building or school, I lock it up in the console as it should be brief. (I have a hardtop at least) if I go on a military installation, unfortunately, it can't travel with me at all.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
And we would appreciate any outside support! While the Army moved me a few times this is my home state and I'm severely ashamed and disgusted that someone like this would have power. However, lots of 2A sanctuaries are very much unanimous. If Bloomsburg and his outside contributions weren't allowed, likely wouldn't have seen this. So..if you're a neighbor or feel like a longer journey. Please provide a voice and additional noise for our side of the argument.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I only carry on my person. However, if I'm going into a federal building or school, I lock it up in the console as it should be brief. (I have a hardtop at least) if I go on a military installation, unfortunately, it can't travel with me at all.
I grew up in Harlan, KY, just a few miles from the VA border. I love VA, the whole state is beautiful. I’m always up for a road trip to help a neighbor. :beer:

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
I grew up in Harlan, KY, just a few miles from the VA border. I love VA, the whole state is beautiful. I’m always up for a road trip to help a neighbor. :beer:
You left Harlan alive ! Cool