Soft Top

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Build sheet says black sunrider softtop and that's it. Doesn't really help me, I did poor some water on it and it did run off. Does have more of a vinyl texture to it and the inside is a little lighter in color.
I'm guessing it's the regular top. It would clearly state "premium" or "twill". And yes the inside is more grey. This regular top is really nice compared to my TJs. I really like it a lot. You'll love the soft top:like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fouts

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm guessing it's the regular top. It would clearly state "premium" or "twill". And yes the inside is more grey. This regular top is really nice compared to my TJs. I really like it a lot. You'll love the soft top:like:
Assuming this which would the best care product be?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
@Bestop what do you recommend for protecting the windows? I have a friend who owns and operates an offshore charter service who recommended Sumner Laboratories 210. I Want to protect them from UV damage, but donā€™t want to use any products that will cause damage.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Ditto. Although, the price has steadily crept up in the years I've been using it.
Is it sold retail anywhere? Being sold only by the case I think that would be enough to pass on to my grandchildren - except I don't even have kids!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Is it sold retail anywhere? Being sold only by the case I think that would be enough to pass on to my grandchildren - except I don't even have kids!
Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish (13-Ounce) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00092CKN4/

A little bit goes a long way. Iā€™ve had the same can since I got my Jeep a year and a half ago, and it still feel full.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop what do you recommend for protecting the windows? I have a friend who owns and operates an offshore charter service who recommended Sumner Laboratories 210. I Want to protect them from UV damage, but donā€™t want to use any products that will cause damage.
Sorry...nearly missed this post :)

For cleaning, we recommend rinsing with water to get any grit and dust off the window. From there, mix some Dawn Dish Soap in warm water, wash, rinse, and dry with a clean microfiber cloth. Make sure your microfiber isn't dropped on the ground or has been dried in a dryer as it will become abrasive and scratch your vinyl windows over time.

The vinyl windows do have a UV protectant built into the material, but caring for them using the above method, our vinyl window cleaner, or one of the others mentioned will help extend the life of your windows. They will eventually start to get hazy as both scratches and sun damage takes its toll. Regardless, with care, you should get many years of use out of them and keep them looking like new.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Recently sold 2012 2dr Sport with a hard top and purchased a 2019 2dr Rubicon with a soft top. My first soft and was wondering how to tell if top is cloth or vinyl and the best way to make it last? I did read some of the care post but still a little unclear. Also I have looked at some of the window storage bags and they seem kind of expensive. What is everyone doing with the windows when removed?

Thanks
I was lucky enough to have the salesman throw in the Mopar soft top bag for free. It all happened as an after thought while we are walking out to drive away in the new jeep. I asked, and he said sure just don't tell anyone, went in the back and came back with a box and popped it into my back seat. Definitely do not let the windows touch/lay against each other no matter what. That is an instant way to permanently scuff your windows (unless someone knows how to get the scuff marks out). Back when I had a TJ I bought and extra set of windows 1 set for winter/pristine, and one set for summer completely scuffed and yellowed.
Sponsored