Sponsored

Driver Side Seat 2 Door

YellowJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So I have read about the seat not being able to fold back or latch. I don't think I am having that problem. What I notice is on the driver side, if I fold and slide the seat forward to let someone get in, in order to get it to slide back after they enter I have to pull up on the seat slide bar under the seat. And then I have to guess roughly where I had it positioned before. The passenger seat returns to the position just fine by sliding / pushing the seat without using the slide bar. I "think" the owners manual kind of implies the passenger seat auto returns to position. But I can't understand from a technical reason why it would be designed like that where the passenger seat remembers the position and the driver seat does not. Maybe the drivers seat is about to have issues?
Sponsored

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
I don’t remember my drivers side seat did that before it failed to fold back; but I think maybe you should have it checked out. After 25 days at the dealer it seems to fix it and I haven’t had any problem since.

OP
OP
YellowJL

YellowJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t remember my drivers side seat did that before it failed to fold back; but I think maybe you should have it checked out. After 25 days at the dealer it seems to fix it and I haven’t had any problem since.
Yeah I read the owner manual section again, and it says the front passenger seatS have a track memory which returns its seat to the original position (page 24). So I think it is supposed to be the same for both. I hardly ever have any passengers but I will get it checked out. Just wanted to see if anyone else has the same behavior before the dealer tells me it is supposed to be like that.

SF Pacer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL Sport S
Yeah I read the owner manual section again, and it says the front passenger seatS have a track memory which returns its seat to the original position (page 24). So I think it is supposed to be the same for both. I hardly ever have any passengers but I will get it checked out. Just wanted to see if anyone else has the same behavior before the dealer tells me it is supposed to be like that.
I think I have the same behavior you do. 2dr on the drivers side if I fold the seat forward using the tip handle it doesn’t go back into the original position (for me, all the way on the back of the track). Because it is all the way back it is easy for me to pull the lever under the seat and reset but if left unchanged it would not be at the back of the track where it started. Hope this makes sense.
Sponsored