Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I am not affiliated with this company but..
Ive been trying to convince myself on a TLP for about a year now and cant just pull the trigger on that price.

I stumbled upon this on Instagram.
Its called Poptopp. (search poptoppusa on IG or same name for the website) I was intrigued by it and I looked into it a little bit.

So I was curious if anyone else has seen this yet?

It looks promising. It comes in cheaper with a promo code knocking off $200
I like the way it works and looks much simpler in design and function.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.42.01 AM.png
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I am not affiliated with this company but..
Ive been trying to convince myself on a TLP for about a year now and cant just pull the trigger on that price.

I stumbled upon this on Instagram.
Its called Poptopp. (search poptoppusa on IG or same name for the website) I was intrigued by it and I looked into it a little bit.

So I was curious if anyone else has seen this yet?

It looks promising. It comes in cheaper with a promo code knocking off $200
I like the way it works and looks much simpler in design and function.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.42.01 AM.png
Havent heard of it but definitely interested. Been looking at the scaffolding option.

Codyrush14

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Wow, that looks great. You can even change the color.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Share the promo code?

$900 is still pretty steep for what it is. Even with the promo code, $700 is still a lot for a mechanically operated fulcrum on a wheeled stand. I wish I had the skills and tools to fab it for myself because it’s an incredibly simple design. But I’ll probably end up buying one. Lol.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Hmmm...I wonder if it has any bars to help stabilize the top when it's stored on it. If that is everything the "Top Pop" comes with in the picture then I'd pass on it. It really needs the two bars that help support and stabilize the top when it's on the lift. I have a Top Lift Pro and I think it's been money well spent...even though it's pricey.

Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they would do a group-buy if we got enough people interested on here

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a TLP owner & fan and this thing may be as sturdy as all get-up, but I wouldn't trust my top with that single support bar. It loooks like it may be wobbly. I'd imagine the top would come with extensions for the JLU.

OP
OP
DWheelerR

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Share the promo code?

$900 is still pretty steep for what it is. Even with the promo code, $700 is still a lot for a mechanically operated fulcrum on a wheeled stand. I wish I had the skills and tools to fab it for myself because it’s an incredibly simple design. But I’ll probably end up buying one. Lol.
On thier instagram they have the code "CLAY" for $200 off

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler 2 door
Hey guys! This is Clay, the creator of PopTopp. I heard you had a thread going over here. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. I’m more than happy to help.

Also, the single upright is very solid. I went with a single tube that has double the wall thickness instead of two thinner tubes. The dual tubes just aren’t necessary for removing a hardtop that only weighs around 130lbs. The tops aren’t heavy. They’re just awkward! This lift makes the whole process super simple.

If you guys want to see any specific videos for how this one works, or the stability, or anything, I can make those for you. Just let me know. -Clay

p.s. There are videos, pictures, and pricing on the website: PopTopp.com

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Ok. What if a better product existed?

No offense but I wouldn't have that device lift an engine out of a vehicle, and in fairness that's not what its intended for.

But certainly, an engine crane lifting a hard top would be cake right?

Right.

https://www.freedom-jack.com/

When the engine crane goes on sale at Harbor Freight it's like just North of $100.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...1-ton-capacity-foldable-shop-crane-61858.html

The Freedom Jack 3 doesn't touch any headliners. It's welded so tough you could literally drop it out of a second story window and it would likely only damage the ground below.

That crane's wide stance makes for an incredibly stable low center of gravity device, lifting a 100 pound hard top (when it can lift 2000 pounds) is like pulling a kid's wagon with a 18 wheeler.

Yes I own one. Yes I know the owner: a lovely man; no, in no way do I profit from sales.

Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I went as cheap as I could. That was a shop crane at harbor freight with a nice big Labor Day discount and the freedom jack. Done for less than $375.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ok. What if a better product existed?

No offense but I wouldn't have that device lift an engine out of a vehicle, and in fairness that's not what its intended for.

But certainly, an engine crane lifting a hard top would be cake right?

Right.

https://www.freedom-jack.com/

When the engine crane goes on sale at Harbor Freight it's like just North of $100.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...1-ton-capacity-foldable-shop-crane-61858.html

The Freedom Jack 3 doesn't touch any headliners. It's welded so tough you could literally drop it out of a second story window and it would likely only damage the ground below.

That crane's wide stance makes for an incredibly stable low center of gravity device, lifting a 100 pound hard top (when it can lift 2000 pounds) is like pulling a kid's wagon with a 18 wheeler.

Yes I own one. Yes I know the owner: a lovely man; no, in no way do I profit from sales.
Harbor Freight products are garbage.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I went as cheap as I could. That was a shop crane at harbor freight with a nice big Labor Day discount and the freedom jack. Done for less than $375.
And that was probably the 2 ton crane, correct? You only need the 1 ton crane for the Freedom Jack. As it, it's way overkill. : - )

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Harbor Freight products are garbage.
Some are; particular the motorized stuff. The engine crane is just fine. There's few moving parts to go bad, and it's built extremely ruggedly in my opinion.

But if you don't like the Harbor Freight engine crane there are plenty of others you can buy online.
Sponsored