Sponsored

Production Schedules/Shipping

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport, 1968 Chevelle, 1981 Camaro, 2017 Cadillac, 2013 HD Street Glide
Occupation
Director of Operations
I've always wondered too. This is my second JL order. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how or when they're built... 2 door. 4 door, 3.6, 2.0. Order date? Does anyone have knowledge about production schedules? I assume at the most basic levels it's about parts availability, but other than that I'm clueless.
I posted this in another thread. The more I think of it, it makes sense that they probably schedule according to dealer location. I'm thinking that they produce vehicles to fill a train or truck going to the same parts of the country. Does anybody have knowledge of this? Not necessarily important, but gives me something to do while I'm waiting for mine to get built!
Sponsored

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I posted this in another thread. The more I think of it, it makes sense that they probably schedule according to dealer location. I'm thinking that they produce vehicles to fill a train or truck going to the same parts of the country. Does anybody have knowledge of this? Not necessarily important, but gives me something to do while I'm waiting for mine to get built!
Maybe, but at the same time, a lot of people getting their builds within 20 days from order date, and they're in AZ. I'm in Kansas City and I would assume I'm almost on the way... how many people have to order a Jeep in KC for them to send a train this way? haha

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2015 Charger R/T
I am not convinced they have ANY rhyme or reason whatsoever. folks local to me have gotten their JLURs long before me!!!
Sponsored