Pulled over for no doors

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
We call it the same thing and we have an influx of people that move up here then vote for the same crap they left behind (we call them Massholes)
Come south to CT and you won’t complain about MA taxes... at least you can get stoned up there to take your mind off of them!
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Here's another opinion. A sheriff in Telluride wants to close down the Black Bear Pass. He's tired of picking up body parts every year.

So is going down Black Bear Pass or any dangerous trail foolish to you? If lack of safety is your concern on road why not safety off road?

There are lots of examples of unsafe activities we do. Motorcycles were brought up before and probably the best example yet there they are all around us.

I guess we could outlaw bikes and going off road etc and just cocoon ourselves in doors but the freedom to do some of these things is what makes many tic, It's one BIG reason bikes are popular and for sure jeeps. Take that away and what are we the adventurists left with?

BTW the Black Bear Pass is a very easy trail. The main danger is taking your eye off the trail for a second can lead to parts coming off your body. Some freak out too, so the saying "know thyself" comes to mind.

my opinions on "No Doors" are based solely on roll-overs. But, to each his own.
Now, riding motorcycles. I have ridden motorcycles, and owned them, since 1979. I only stopped riding when my brother died on one, a few years ago. One day I might own another, but, it just doesnt feel right, at this time.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Exactly. Selective enforcement opens the door to all the other factors a cop might consider when choosing which drivers to pull over and cite and which leave alone or give a warning to. Not all those other factors end up being equitable.
(Quoting myself cuz I don't want to appear to be targeting someone else ...)
Another example of subjective PA policing:
https://www.inquirer.com/news/rodne...ng-while-black-racial-profiling-20190803.html
You can't talk about selective enforcement and ignore the elephant in that room: race.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
(Quoting myself cuz I don't want to appear to be targeting someone else ...)
Another example of subjective PA policing:
https://www.inquirer.com/news/rodne...ng-while-black-racial-profiling-20190803.html
You can't talk about selective enforcement and ignore the elephant in that room: race.
O I'm sure there will be a lawsuit. *Rolls eyes*
In Cincinnati, Kroger's (grocery store) just gave a 12yo thief $250k because she was tazed when she refused a policeman order several times. Both she and he were black, but they claimed he was racist because he (cop) told the thief (12 yo girl) "this is why there are no grocery stores in black neighborhoods". Now, explain that logic!

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
O I'm sure there will be a lawsuit. *Rolls eyes*
In Cincinnati, Kroger's (grocery store) just gave a 12yo thief $250k because she was tazed when she refused a policeman order several times. Both she and he were black, but they claimed he was racist because he (cop) told the thief (12 yo girl) "this is why there are no grocery stores in black neighborhoods". Now, explain that logic!
Ahh, right. The argument that any time a person of color claims mistreatment by authorities it's because they're trying to cash in. And tie one apocryphal example to the lot of all reported mistreatments, as if to taint them all. I've heard it often by my racist relative. I'm calling bs, as should all of us.

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a jeeper, and a cop. I don’t create laws. I only enforce them. Vehicle code violations were all created with public safety in mind.

Having my best friend killed in a collision at 18 years old has given me a huge focus on public safety in regards to vehicles. His friend crossed over a double yellow to pass and hit an off duty police officer head on killing my friend and the police officer who was a husband and father of an infant. A huge loss of life and it could have been avoided.

I will never let a dangerous driver off the hook. Sometimes violations are made unintentionally and it’s my duty to remedy that issue and make the roadway a safer place for them and other motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians. Sometimes a little kind and professional education is enough to change their behavior. Sometimes a written citation is needed. Discretion needs to be used appropriately.

Now with that being said, the “hard ass” officer that was such a hard ass he didn’t cite you btw, may have just been to a horrific collision where someone without doors suffered major injuries or worse. Who knows?

The one thing we do know now is that you committed a violation and it sounds like an officer probably educated you and felt that was enough. Be happy he or she used their discretion and quit complaining about laws. You didn’t write them and neither did the police officer that stopped you.

Statistics overwhelmingly support the fact that if an American is going to die early, it’s most likely going to be in an automobile.

I don't see a dime of the fines imposed from my citations and if I review the fines, it’s a minimal amount going to my agency. The fine is a reason for someone to change their behavior.

Maybe, just maybe, you will realize that he or she may have had your safety in mind when they stopped you and educated you.

Well said. We should never try to explain someones intentions or feelings. Bottom line obey the laws or accept the consequences. Don't like the law, fight to have changed. Civily and without malice! Remember the old saying, Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes. My 2 cents.

Keep on Jeep'n!!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Now, riding motorcycles. I have ridden motorcycles, and owned them, since 1979. I only stopped riding when my brother died on one, a few years ago. One day I might own another, but, it just doesnt feel right, at this time.
You dont think the jeeps are rollling on the trails. Motorcycles are infinitely more dangerous than a jeep with no doors. It's an inherent risk that we all know and accept. Concern over doors seems a bit overblown by comparison and reason for the "stupid law" comments.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
You got to watch out for these small town police in Texas, especially in west of the DFW complex. These police forces will find an excuse to pull you over. In this case, they wanted to admire your Jeep.

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
So a jeep with no doors is too dangerous on the road because of roll overs.

What about the majority of convertible made that do not have roll bars?
Pure death traps for track/closed course use only?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
lol. I;m not law enforcement but they either thought something was fishy and used a stupid 5mph impeding traffic law to check it out or saw a hot chick in the passenger side to check out and called their buddys. lol

Officers look for things that are out of the ordinary, if something doesnt seem right they will use what they can to check it out.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
lol. I;m not law enforcement but they either thought something was fishy and used a stupid 5mph impeding traffic law to check it out or saw a hot chick in the passenger side to check out and called their buddys. lol

Officers look for things that are out of the ordinary, if something doesnt seem right they will use what they can to check it out.
She is hot but too annoying for me. I use to watch their videos but stopped because of her and her laugh.
Sponsored