OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
And you wonder why people say "Fuck the Police"

If you ever go here: https://www.ericpetersautos.com/, you'll see the darker side of law enforcement, that they're not all the Moral Paragons we're lead to believe they are
Eh, pasted wrong link? In any case, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut

Edit: I’m not on board with “eff the police.” I think the profession is noble, and justifies higher pay to attract top candidates. Every profession will be littered with some bad apples. That said, I also won’t bend over and take it if I’m not in the wrong! And by that I mean fight back via all lawful means, not resist...

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
And there are corrupt people who are not cops. You probably even elected them:CWL:... So, were there drugs in your vehicle?;)
Im not saying there arent corrupt people. We know there are. Problem is, bad people can be caught, judged and taken away. Cops and officials? Not so much! And when they have a gun and you dont...you get screwed or die. If you do have a gun...youre still screwed.

And no, there wasnt. He stilled ticketed me for the loud radio that couldnt turn on.

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Hear, hear! Wife was ticketed last week for “unsafe lane change.” State trooper going like 100 (no lights or sirens) in passing lane ends up in her blind spot while she’s changing lanes to pass a slow poke. She had her signal on and was clear when she started the maneuver, but Speedy Gonzales comes up while she’s mid lane change. She sees him in time and aborts. How the hell is that her fault? How about the fact that troopers may not speed if lights and sirens are not on?

Needless to say, she plead not guilty to that. We’ll see if they make her go to court.

So, yeah, you can play by the rules and still get screwed.
Have a similar one. Driving down an old country 2 lane road with deep ditches on either side and thick woods. Going speed just relaxed and no other car in sight. Suddenly someone with their high beams comes up quick on me and starts tailgating me. Lights bothering my vision. So I move over to the edge just slightly (without going into the ditch) and slow down a little.

Dude doesnt pass me and just keeps tailgating me. Finally his cop lights flash. Its a cop, he pulls me over.

Him: I pulled you ov, PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!....I pulled you over because you were swerving on the road. Have you been drinking?

Me: No sir

Him: Why were you swerving?

Me: Because you were tailgating me with your high beams on and I was letting you pass, but I wasnt trying to swerve, just move over some

Totally dismisses my answer...

Him: Do you have any weapons, knives, explosives in the car?

Me: No

Him: Alright, just stay on the road and drive safer

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Have a similar one. Driving down an old country 2 lane road with deep ditches on either side and thick woods. Going speed just relaxed and no other car in sight. Suddenly someone with their high beams comes up quick on me and starts tailgating me. Lights bothering my vision. So I move over to the edge just slightly (without going into the ditch) and slow down a little.

Dude doesnt pass me and just keeps tailgating me. Finally his cop lights flash. Its a cop, he pulls me over.

Him: I pulled you ov, PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!....I pulled you over because you were swerving on the road. Have you been drinking?

Me: No sir

Him: Why were you swerving?

Me: Because you were tailgating me with your high beams on and I was letting you pass, but I wasnt trying to swerve, just move over some

Totally dismisses my answer...

Him: Do you have any weapons, knives, explosives in the car?

Me: No

Him: Alright, just stay on the road and drive safer
It's people like that who give cops a bad rep

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I love how a thread about the OP breaking the law becomes "fuck the police". PAthetic.

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
It's people like that who give cops a bad rep
And I get that. Again, I respect LEO. I go to the gym for lunch every day and I workout with 3 of them and we talk Jeeps.

But we cant pretend there arent corrupt cops which is VERY bad when you consider they have a gun and as someone else pointed out, "they judge will side with them over the citizen"

I think Im going to take up the cause and buy a nice dashcam to record all the street violations I see them do and report them all every month. Maybe itll make a difference lol

Anyway, thread has been hijacked lol, sorry

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I love how a thread about the OP breaking the law becomes "fuck the police". PAthetic.
Well thats what happens when you live in the land of the free. Especially when the police dont know all the laws either and break them as well!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well thats what happens when you live in the land of the free. Especially when the police dont know all the laws either and break them as well!
That's such a cop-out (pun intended). The OP is clearly at fault here, and then everyone tries to justify their own bad behavior.

A society that allows its police force to selectively enforce laws is asking for trouble.

Go ahead and start recording the police, that is a good thing. Will wait for the results, but I'm willing to bet nothing ever happens.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
That's such a cop-out (pun intended). The OP is clearly at fault here, and then everyone tries to justify their own bad behavior.

A society that allows its police force to selectively enforce laws is asking for trouble.

Go ahead and start recording the police, that is a good thing. Will wait for the results, but I'm willing to bet nothing ever happens.
It's more of you got busy bodies who are control freaks and create asinine laws or don't update them (Like 65 when everyone goes 75-80) or cops who are on power trips and abuse their authoritah or don't have an ounce of common sense or leeway

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev

Strange law 2: Virginian motorists must honk their horns if they are attempting to pass another vehicle.

Im betting no cop in your state enforces the above law. In fact, I know they dont becuase ive driven through and around Virginia many times and passed many cars on the street and highway and no cop has enforced it.

You think that this is bad -----> A society that allows its police force to selectively enforce laws is asking for trouble.
But you think this is ok ----> start recording the police..... but I'm willing to bet nothing ever happens
Sponsored