First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
9FDCE979-DF08-4EC1-80B2-B94D2C259224.png
F88C7366-6B22-4CF8-9BF0-BD6E48AD9635.png
Hey guys, just finished final inspection of my ordered 2018 JLUR Rubicon and is in the shipping process. I ran across these two JKUR and am pretty interested in their look. Can you guys chime in on what lift and tire sizes you think this could be? I’m suspecting 3.5-5.5” lift and 40”s? Also will it be possible to achieve the tire width of these JKUR on my JLUR with rim backspace/offset and spacers or what would be require?
Thanks in advance

C9ED86D6-D640-4C02-B5B3-C764D53277E6.png
Sponsored

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I would guess 40-42" tires, upgraded axles and coil-overs. Personally, I don't think stock Dana 44's are going to like anything over 37". There are a lot of upgrades on those Jeeps that aren't visible in these pictures. Lots of $$$.

Last edited:

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
All you need to know is they are both north off $40K in upgrades, if you want most of the look, Think 37" tires and $10-20K IN upgrades. I'd start by looking at Evo's web site

OP
OP

Adamrush4554

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I would guess 40-42" tires, upgraded axles and coilers. Personally, I don't think stock Dana 44's are going to like anything over 37". There is a lot of upgrades on those Jeeps that aren't visible
Bein as the new Rubicon axles are beefier, my plan would be upgraded shafts, cv’s and gears along with drivelines depending. Also plans will be metal cloak suspension and possibly mild trusses. Getting antsy to see kits come out here soon and some of the aftermarket goodies!

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
First question should always be "how do you plan to use it?" If you want it to perform as mean as it looks, it's going to take some serious upgrades. If you like the look and it's just going to see light trail use, not nearly as expensive.

Good luck either way!

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Bein as the new Rubicon axles are beefier, my plan would be upgraded shafts, cv’s and gears along with drivelines depending. Also plans will be metal cloak suspension and possibly mild trusses. Getting antsy to see kits come out here soon and some of the aftermarket goodies!
If you're looking at 40s+ it'd probably be a smarter bet to go with upgraded axles to begin with. RCVs are great but your still running a 44 ring and pinion among other things. Plan on 12 grand plus and thats for a semi float 60.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you're looking at 40s+ it'd probably be a smarter bet to go with upgraded axles to begin with. RCVs are great but your still running a 44 ring and pinion among other things. Plan on 12 grand plus and thats for a semi float 60.
You know this is from 4 years ago, right ?

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure why this popped up in the recent activity section then. That’s all I really browse here anymore.
Lol…. Yeah, don’t know, the guy was last seen 5 days after his post, lol… I’ve talked to ghosts a few times over the years 🤣, now I always look at the date, no matter what….😂

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
You know this is from 4 years ago, right ?
The seem relevant to 4 years ago… I looked at possibly going 60s and 37s or more. I would be sitting at $17-18k just for axles.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The seem relevant to 4 years ago… I looked at possibly going 60s and 37s or more. I would be sitting at $17-18k just for axles.
Yeah, the Jeep mod rabbit hole is not a cheap place to live…….🥴

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yeah, the Jeep mod rabbit hole is not a cheap place to live…….🥴
I still think I may do it. But the Jeep will need to be paid for, I have a second vehicle and after I buy a house…

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I still think I may do it. But the Jeep will need to be paid for, I have a second vehicle and after I buy a house…
Copy that….. I’m thinking of doing junkyard axle at least in the rear since I have to shave it and weld on my long arm brackets anyway…….maybe Ford kingpin or GM 14 bolt. I’m thinking shafts, gears and locker will only add up to a third of the cost of new…..I don’t have to pay for labor thankfully…….. but I’m still early in the research stage ……

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Copy that….. I’m thinking of doing junkyard axle at least in the rear since I have to shave it and weld on my long arm brackets anyway…….maybe Ford kingpin or GM 14 bolt. I’m thinking shafts, gears and locker will only add up to a third of the cost of new…..I don’t have to pay for labor thankfully…….. but I’m still early in the research stage ……
I haven’t looked to much into that route. I do wish they made a matching ultimate 44 for the rear. I like the price point for the front and thinking about doing that when re-gearing. If they had a matching rear, I know I would have pulled the trigger already. Beefed up, bolt on axle set for $10k after selling my axles and keeping my current wheels would be an easy decision.
Sponsored