Best deals found on a new JL?

LVTiffy

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
There's a rule of thumb from the financing thread that 3/4 of a point of financing is worth roughly $1,000 over the life of a loan (60mos?). So if one can get 2% financing from Langley Federal Credit Union (VA) and 3.5% financing from a dealer (60mos), that's roughly a difference of paying $2,000 more for the dealer's loan (3.5% -.75 -.75 = 2%).

Some people go with dealer financing (3.5%), but within 6 mos, they pay off the dealer loan (assuming the dealer loan is written such that it can be paid off without penalty) with a credit union loan.
This is exactly what we are doing. I have about a 780 credit score and an 800 something auto score. I know the FCA rates are horrendous even with high scores. My plan is to use their financing then refinance with my local credit union for hopefully 1.99% or 2.49% afterwards.
Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
My local CDJ dealer here in Wisconsin has three (3) JL's on its lot. Hopefully, this isn't against the rules, but I am posting the three with the dealer pricing just to show what kind of "deals" are out there. Mind you, they will probably deal even more as it says on their site that you can ask for an "e-price." The Sahara, for example, with Military discount, is roughly 10% off the MSRP before you even start negotiating. I don't know what "invoice" is on these, but my general experience with them (Steve, my salesperson), is that they have sold to me at 2% to 5% below invoice on the last three new vehicles I bought from them (including Jeep) over the last two years. Because I refuse to pay "doc fees" (pure profit), they roll it into the negotiated price, then I make them back it out on paper so I don't pay sales tax on it. I am thinking it's about $75, maybe $99. I don't finance, so cannot advise anything on that (unless they give me a further discount for financing, then I do, and then I pay it off within 90 to 120 days). I am waiting to see the JL Ocean Blue in person because I have a JKU in Hydro Blue and I really like that blue.

IMG_8614.PNG
IMG_8615.PNG
IMG_8616.PNG

Last edited:

mmalushi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I work at DARCARS CDJR of Rockville, MD. We have a large collection of the New JL Wrangler
I'll work with you to get you the "Best Deal" period. I'm also here to answer any questions or concerns you may have

mmalushi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I'm posting this to find out which dealers are offering the best prices. We know Koons is offering great pricing at 5% below invoice, but I'm sure a lot of people, like me, are looking for dealers in their area. If you have a dealer that has confirmed pricing please let me know so I can add it to the list for others(Please include it in a similar format as below to make it easy to copy/paste)

Confirmed Pricing:

Houston, TX
  • Mark Gusman @ River Oaks Jeep
  • 4% Under Invoice with no processing fees(Mention JL Forums)
  • Phone # 713.882.8150
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Only Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
  • $300 Deposit
Vienna, VA
NJ
  • Carneza @ Nielsen Dodge
  • Mention "JLSelling" they will honor the 3% below invoice
  • No Processing/Dealer Fees
  • DOC Fees are $398, $500 Deposit
Conway, AR
  • You can add Kim at www.superiorfivestar.com
  • Ordered a JL Rubicon with no haggling at at 5% under invoice
  • Doc Fee was $130
  • She even allowed for a portion of Affiliate Pricing Discount to be applied.
  • Final sale price out the door minus TTL was 6.7% under invoice
Massachusetts / NE
  • Station Jeep Mansfield, MA (Ryan Mcmahon)
  • 5% below invoice
  • Doc fees are $384
  • mention referred by Mortimer a fellow forum member Ask for Ryan the business manager or Rob.
  • Station Jeep
  • 91 Chauncy St, Route 106
  • Mansfield, MA 02048
Dayton, OH
  • Aaron @ Dave Dennis Jeep
  • 5% Under Invoice
Caldwell, ID - Updated with new contact
  • Dennis Dillon Dodge Chrysler Jeep
  • 4025 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605
  • 208-422-4859
  • Contact - Kyle Evans
  • email: [email protected]
  • 7-8% under invoice - contingent on financing with them. 5% with independent financing.
  • $299 processing fee

Nampa, ID
  • Peterson Dodge Chrysler Jeep
  • 5801 East Gate Blvd
  • Nampa, ID 83687
  • Salesman - Kent Schurtleff
  • phone - 208-741-1289
  • email - [email protected]
  • 8%-13% under invoice pricing
  • financing goes through dealer
  • $299 processing fee

Jacksonville, FL
  • Orange Park Jeep
  • 3% Below Invoice
  • $798 Processing Fee
  • $500 off for retired or active military
  • Mike Luvene
  • 7233 Blanding Blvd
  • 904-446-0308
  • [email protected]
  • PM @Doug on the forums if you would like a reference
Palatka, FL (Southwest of St. Augustine, South of Jacksonville)
  • Beck Jeep
  • 4% under invoice,
  • $695 dealer fee, $285 Tags
  • Stephen Fulp: 386.328.8863
Joliet, Illinois
  • Tyson Motors
  • 6% Below Invoice (With TreadLightly)
  • $176.94 Doc Fee
  • Shorewood, Illinois 60404
  • 815-741-5530
  • [email protected]

Las Vegas, NV
  • Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  • Contact Marianna [email protected] tell her you were referred by Gavin from CA and she’ll get you the best deal
  • slightly less than 5% under invoice. Add $500 if using your own financing.
  • Doc fee $399
  • Accepts Tread Lightly

Washington, NC
  • 3% Below Invoice
  • $649 Processing
  • Kyle Gains - Sales Manager
  • 4001 US Hwy 264 West
  • 252-644-3339
  • [email protected]
  • Mention you saw the price was on JLWrangerForums.com

Spirit Lake, IA
  • Spencer Heywood @ Motor Inn of Spirit Lake
  • 5% below invoice w/ treadlightly
  • $75 processing
  • Phone- (712)336-2701
  • Email- [email protected]
Chris can you add us to the list ?

Thanks!

Attachments

mmalushi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Here at DARCARS of Rockville, Me and my GSM Justin pride ourselves on our top notch Customer Service, Satisfaction, Product Knowledge and Experience.

jlbuy.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
I'm new to the forum and can't find any dealers in Portland Oregon area willing to sell more than 1% under invoice. Any suggestions?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to the forum and can't find any dealers in Portland Oregon area willing to sell more than 1% under invoice. Any suggestions?
Drive to Dillons in Idaho. It is worth the drive. With that said- my local dealers would not budge on price... then all of a sudden when I shared other quotes showing 5% under invoice and a compressed timeline they were all of a sudden willing to deal.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried Peterson in ID, they are telling me they don't sell below invoice. Willing to take 3600 off MSRP. :mad: waiting to hear back from Dillons.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drive to Dillons in Idaho. It is worth the drive. With that said- my local dealers would not budge on price... then all of a sudden when I shared other quotes showing 5% under invoice and a compressed timeline they were all of a sudden willing to deal.
Are you getting personal quotes, or are you using quotes from the forum?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you getting personal quotes, or are you using quotes from the forum?
I actually sent requests out to several dealers with the plan to buy from the dealer with the best offer. I then used the quotes to leverage the best possible local deal. The local dealers ended up basically beating the other deals once I calculated the travel costs in but with out exact quotes for my build I doubt they would have been as willing to deal.

Sponsored

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually sent requests out to several dealers with the plan to buy from the dealer with the best offer. I then used the quotes to leverage the best possible local deal. The local dealers ended up basically beating the other deals once I calculated the travel costs in but with out exact quotes for my build I doubt they would have been as willing to deal.
Okay thanks, I'll work on getting some quotes. So far it's all been verbal and I know that won't work.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
That's interesting because I was under the impression that you needed to have the control number at time of ordering.

Doc
And actually your TL control # will expire before your Jeep arrives, so you kind of have to wait until you close.

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
And actually your TL control # will expire before your Jeep arrives, so you kind of have to wait until you close.
Just joined TL and I believe you have two control numbers to use within one year. I forwarded the control number and the confirmation email to apply the discount on my order.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JL Rubicon build MSRP is $55,890, found a local dealer that will sell it for $51,372. I'm on the fence, does $4,518 off MSRP (1-2%off invoice) seem like a good deal? They are also low balling my trade since delivery is 8 weeks away.
Sponsored