Best deals found on a new JL?

TexasSki

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Autonation Jeep in golden(Denver) took great care of me! If your in Colorado area don’t waste time and contact them. Contacted every other dealer in area from ft Collins to Colorado Springs dealers and none of them could compete.. Was fortunate to get 10.5% off msrp on build!

Did you have to show them the other quotes or were they pretty easy to deal with?
Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Just ordered my 2018 Sahara Unlimited Jeep in Mojito today at 6% under invoice from Joe Perry and Eli at Colonial Jeep in Dartmouth, MA. Couldn’t be happier!!! Did most of the deal over the phone because of my work schedule. Went in this morning with my trade and like 15 minuets later I was signing the papers - everything exactly like I was quoted - Hands down the easiest and best car buying experience I have ever had hands down. You don’t need to finance through them either. Call them you won’t be disappointed. Tell them Claudine sent you please.

E3920785-4BA9-4D41-A0F3-CAA4ACD6A96B.jpeg
Great Deal! What was the Doc fees? Is Mojito open for order yet?

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
Yesterday, I ordered my JLU Rubicon (3.6L) with Manual Transmission in Ocean Blue Metallic. Other options include:
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Electronic Infotainment Sys Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Safety Group
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group
  • Premium Cloth Black Bucket Seats
Built MSRP was $48,650 and Invoice was $45,952.

Thanks to the great deal from Kim at Superior in Conway AR, I'll be paying $43,198 (plus tax)!

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I've been scouring the PNW area dealer websites trying to find one close enough to what I want with no luck I have been to 4 dealers. 2 said MSRP only, 1 gave me that price, the other said bring them a deal better than MSRP and they will try to match or beat it. I have another that is 70 miles away through emails will do "a little better" than 1% below invoice.

I would have gone with the deal today if they didn't want to soak me on the trade. 2017 Ram Rebel loaded 16K miles they want to give me $36K for it.
My only comment would be that the dealer needs to make money too! I once had a conversation with a dealer who said “I will trade you wholesale for wholesale or retail for retail, but I can’t trade you wholesale for retail!” If you want to get them down to their last dime on the new one then that is what you are gonna get on your trade too! Maybe consider selling yours privately? Also consider the sales tax you are gonna save on that $36,000 by trading it in!

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
My only comment would be that the dealer needs to make money too! I once had a conversation with a dealer who said “I will trade you wholesale for wholesale or retail for retail, but I can’t trade you wholesale for retail!” If you want to get them down to their last dime on the new one then that is what you are gonna get on your trade too! Maybe consider selling yours privately? Also consider the sales tax you are gonna save on that $36,000 by trading it in!
Oh the dealer will make his money. Used Rebels like mine are retailing for at least $39-40K. They'll make money when I finance through them, pay their fees, possible extended warranty, not to mention the hold back. I live in Oregon so there is no tax savings. I would be happy with 3-4% under invoice, but not MSRP. It just shouldn't be so hard to buy a vehicle. I've been taken advantage of many times, but that is my fault for not doing research. Now that I have some ammo I'm trying to get the best deal.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Oh the dealer will make his money. Used Rebels like mine are retailing for at least $39-40K. They'll make money when I finance through them, pay their fees, possible extended warranty, not to mention the hold back. I live in Oregon so there is no tax savings. I would be happy with 3-4% under invoice, but not MSRP. It just shouldn't be so hard to buy a vehicle. I've been taken advantage of many times, but that is my fault for not doing research. Now that I have some ammo I'm trying to get the best deal.
If the dealer is willing to give you $36k for a vehicle he might be able to sell for $39k then I think that is a fair offer. And yes you should be able to get 3 to 5% off below dealer invoice!

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the dealer is willing to give you $36k for a vehicle he might be able to sell for $39k then I think that is a fair offer. And yes you should be able to get 3 to 5% off below dealer invoice!
That's what I'm trying to get. I'm sure I will find it. I know it works both ways. I might get 6% off but also less for the trade. I'm just trying to find the happy medium.;)

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I’m working with near loaded 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie cewcab with 6’4 original MSRP almost $57k
I’m trying to get $36k on the trade considering I’ll save $2,500 on taxes.

16,250mi on it

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m working with near loaded 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie cewcab with 6’4 original MSRP almost $57k
I’m trying to get $36k on the trade considering I’ll save $2,500 on taxes.

16,250mi on it
Our problem is they are releasing the 2019 soon. Then our prices will drop significantly. Have to trade now to get the best number.

Sushicat

First Name
Claudine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited - Mojito!
Great Deal! What was the Doc fees? Is Mojito open for order yet?
Mojito is supposed to be able to be ordered this week they said. But even if it’s a little later no big deal because it’s been “bought” already. If I remember right the doc fees were 300 something - I forgot exactly how much

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I agreed took good care of me
Rich I got lost reading the posts. Which person or dealer are you referring to in this post? Thanks!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Rich I got lost reading the posts. Which person or dealer are you referring to in this post? Thanks!
Tyson motors in Shorewood Illinois