J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to a few on here for the idea of this, but i decided to go with a ProClip and a magnetic attachment. The location is good and out of the way and the magnet is strong. It came with a few sizes, but found that the larger rectangular plate interfered with my wireless charger at home, so i used the smaller (circular) magnet. It holds good and still allows for wireless charging in the cradle at home. I will explore a wireless magnetic option for the JL in the future, but this works for now. I might just run a USB cable up to it, but i typically dont have much of a need to charge in the Jeep.

ProClip - https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount
Magnet - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756NFMCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_4693.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Finished painting the ROAM stuff with POR15. It was a bit of a process and i got pretty high while painting (future note: VENTILATE THE GARAGE WHEN PAINTING) :) Cant wait to mount these up.....waiting on our backplates to come back from powdercoating. If POR works like my friends say - these will hold up excellent and we will NEVER have rust. I just used a few small/cheap paintbrushes to slop it on. Not perfect, but doesnt need to be. I was able to get nearly everywhere, even in the back/under sides.

Process (Per PORs instructions):

I do plan to do the underside of our JLs and each bumper/armor we get.

IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4689.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did 2 coats of POR15 on the underparts of both of our Jeeps: hitch receiver, axles, knuckles, trays/skids, crossmembers and frame rails. Had to be careful not to hit threaded holes or existing bolts or metal seams. You might want to remove stuff at some point! :) It came out nice. I hope this effort helps to minimize the rust over the years! I did not do diff covers or bolts. For reference, it took about 1.5hrs per coat.

IMG_3256.JPG

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nice work. I would like to paint my speaker covers as you did, but I don't trust myself. I would fuck it up. I am watching your thread. It is funny, I like the mojito green and I like the while. Wife hated the green so white is was. LOL.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work. I would like to paint my speaker covers as you did, but I don't trust myself. I would fuck it up. I am watching your thread. It is funny, I like the mojito green and I like the while. Wife hated the green so white is was. LOL.
Thanks MI friend! I'm from Detroit....i miss MI. We're a bit slow rolling, but i typically put some funny in here :) Lifts and all the "good hardware" got in, so we should be picking up within the next couple weeks. The Speaker grills were not that bad at all. My opinion is that you gotta take a little risk to get some reward. Also had the thought of: if i screw this up, i can always just buy new ones.....not like we do too much "saving" on these :LOL:

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Thanks MI friend! I'm from Detroit....i miss MI. We're a bit slow rolling, but i typically put some funny in here :) Lifts and all the "good hardware" got in, so we should be picking up within the next couple weeks. The Speaker grills were not that bad at all. My opinion is that you gotta take a little risk to get some reward. Also had the thought of: if i screw this up, i can always just buy new ones.....not like we do too much "saving" on these :LOL:
I am many thing. A painter is not one. Got to know our weakness and strengths. I am more apted to buy the red ones that are in your thread earlier. I am a risk taker and but I am a calculating risk taker. I just have fucked up to many painting projects or the years. So I tend to not do those. Everything else heck yea. Pass the grinder, drill or sawzall and lets cut this up.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Our projects finally got their branding, thanks to Don at @pixeldecals. Thanks for all the assistance Don! Don really helped me understand my specific need with the radioactive sticker. Initially, i wanted a fatter font, but Don convinced (and showed) me that by adding a matching border, the font appeared too fat. I REALLY like the way it turned out, so thanks again. We both removed the JEEP badge and re-stickered with "JL" and our respective "edition" stickers. For me - i finally got rid of that pesky red accent color :brokenhearted:

BTW - that JEEP badge is on there good! Damn you @FCA :) That should be an ordering option :)

To remove, we used a thin trim tool to pry the individual badges of, then used a "scrape and lift" method, under the remaining rubber glue. The remaining "stucko" was removed with GooGone and a micro-fiber cloth. Left minimal micro-scratches. We only created some due to finding out the best process to use.....so HEED the warning :like:

The radioactive "Rubicon" does have the matte black reflective symbol :)

IMG_4764.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Our projects finally got their branding, thanks to Don at @pixeldecals. Thanks for all the assistance Don! Don really helped me understand my specific need with the radioactive sticker. Initially, i wanted a fatter font, but Don convinced (and showed) me that by adding a matching border, the font appeared too fat. I REALLY like the way it turned out, so thanks again. We both removed the JEEP badge and re-stickered with "JL" and our respective "edition" stickers. For me - i finally got rid of that pesky red accent color :brokenhearted:

BTW - that JEEP badge is on there good! Damn you @FCA :) That should be an ordering option :)

To remove, we used a thin trim tool to pry the individual badges of, then used a "scrape and lift" method, under the remaining rubber glue. The remaining "stucko" was removed with GooGone and a micro-fiber cloth. Left minimal micro-scratches. We only created some due to finding out the best process to use.....so HEED the warning :like:

The radioactive "Rubicon" does have the matte black reflective symbol :)

IMG_4764.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG
That is cool. Nice job! Did you design the graphics?

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is cool. Nice job! Did you design the graphics?
Thanks! We basically picked from designs offered from pixeldecals.com. They do a great job with replacement "Rubicon" stickers, for the hood. Since my build was named "Radioactive", i had the idea for the reflective symbol to replace the "O" in Rubicon. Don from PixelDecals helped in mocking them up to show what they would look like. In the end, i greatly appreciated his input. Others on here have cool replacement stickers too, along with other cool added ones:

Hood Replacements - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-or-hate-em-yes-you-too-rubicon-owners.12929/
Added stickers - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ls-youve-added-to-your-jeep-wrangler-jl.4734/

:like::rock:

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Have so much to do, but will be slow going in the next 2 weeks. This week, i am booked with personal stuff and next week the Mojito will be getting re-geared to 5.13 and new wheels/tires mounted! Can't wait. The next 2 weeks after that will be ceramic coating on both Jeeps, ROAM rails on both Jeeps and lifting mine. Unfortunately, we have to wait for a replacement wheel for @BbyGrlJJ , then we lift!

Pics and it's waiting to happen :)
IMG_4778.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Small mod today: removed the front lower air dam. Couldnt handle seeing it and also prepping for the lifts/steering in the next couple weeks. A quick and easy day - gotta enjoy the weekend sometime! :beer: We decided to leave the metal plate that protects the e-disco (sway bar): didnt like the idea of it being exposed and didnt look as good.....we liked the "all black" look. For now, we are leaving it......dreaming of the day for some new bumpers. :please:

Followed instructions from here -

IMG_4790.JPG
IMG_4791.JPG

Happy Memorial Day everyone and thank to those for their service!!! :clap::fist bump::flag:

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
JL-

Love this on-going thread/your mods. Very clean and stylish mods that are practical, even for those who aren’t into crazy rock crawling etc.

Question though, are these your daily drivers or are you slowing turning them into more off-road capable vehicles? Asking mainly due to the re-gear you have upcoming. What are the Pros and cons of re-gearing? (If possible, explain like I’m 5 haha) thanks in advance, can’t wait to steal- er, see the rest of your mod ideas

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
JL-

Love this on-going thread/your mods. Very clean and stylish mods that are practical, even for those who aren’t into crazy rock crawling etc.

Question though, are these your daily drivers or are you slowing turning them into more off-road capable vehicles? Asking mainly due to the re-gear you have upcoming. What are the Pros and cons of re-gearing? (If possible, explain like I’m 5 haha) thanks in advance, can’t wait to steal- er, see the rest of your mod ideas
Hello friend!
Thanks for the compliments! I'll call you a friend (for now) even though i see you're from Mass and Blues vs Bruins are going on now :) Hockey aside, here are the intentions of our builds:

These are our daily drivers. They will see pavement 90% of the time. We do intend to do some major events next year, including travel to Moab and other hot spots, now that we have capable Jeeps. So - as we "mall crawl" we want to be the best looking ;) We also want the capability for when we go to terrains that require the hardware. We only want to do most of the stuff once....tweaking will be needing for sure, but we dont want to keep re-doing things: 1 and done, without going too crazy, like coilovers. We live in MO and there's not a lot of crazy trails here. There are off-road parks and some spots in our state, but mainly we see creeks and mud, which should be easy for what we will do. The challenges will come when we go west, but we should be prepared for all that, especially when we get skids, in the future.

I am re-gearing mine due to going to 37s and the fact that i pull a trailer with an ATV. Our trailer is a 5x10 with a typical ATV. It doesnt struggle as is, but i am assuming that after i do new wheels and tires (both of which are heavier than Rubi stock), i'm going to really feel it when pulling. I'm not that concerned about the larger tires, but when i pull the trailer is when i have a concern. Other guys have said that they will "eventually re-gear" with 6sp and now 37s. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game, as i do pull often. Reading others comments on crawling with 6sp & 5.13, it sounds like i will have a bonus at the crawl ratio :like:

As we do the same to @BbyGrlJJ's Archangel, we're going to wait for a re-gear, as she is an auto and should have a better experience, for now. I'm limited by a few gears, so that plays into the entire scenario. If i had an auto, i might not re-gear immediately, if at all. I've heard that 4.88s help some guys, but would probably observe and make a decision. Hope that helps with your inquiry! :)

.....and, Go Blues! :rock::punch::)

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Hello friend!
Thanks for the compliments! I'll call you a friend (for now) even though i see you're from Mass and Blues vs Bruins are going on now :) Hockey aside, here are the intentions of our builds:

These are our daily drivers. They will see pavement 90% of the time. We do intend to do some major events next year, including travel to Moab and other hot spots, now that we have capable Jeeps. So - as we "mall crawl" we want to be the best looking ;) We also want the capability for when we go to terrains that require the hardware. We only want to do most of the stuff once....tweaking will be needing for sure, but we dont want to keep re-doing things: 1 and done, without going too crazy, like coilovers. We live in MO and there's not a lot of crazy trails here. There are off-road parks and some spots in our state, but mainly we see creeks and mud, which should be easy for what we will do. The challenges will come when we go west, but we should be prepared for all that, especially when we get skids, in the future.

I am re-gearing mine due to going to 37s and the fact that i pull a trailer with an ATV. Our trailer is a 5x10 with a typical ATV. It doesnt struggle as is, but i am assuming that after i do new wheels and tires (both of which are heavier than Rubi stock), i'm going to really feel it when pulling. I'm not that concerned about the larger tires, but when i pull the trailer is when i have a concern. Other guys have said that they will "eventually re-gear" with 6sp and now 37s. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game, as i do pull often. Reading others comments on crawling with 6sp & 5.13, it sounds like i will have a bonus at the crawl ratio :like:

As we do the same to @BbyGrlJJ's Archangel, we're going to wait for a re-gear, as she is an auto and should have a better experience, for now. I'm limited by a few gears, so that plays into the entire scenario. If i had an auto, i might not re-gear immediately, if at all. I've heard that 4.88s help some guys, but would probably observe and make a decision. Hope that helps with your inquiry! :)

.....and, Go Blues! :rock::punch::)
That absolutely makes plenty of sense to me! Up in the state of 1-0 in the series, much like yourself we don’t have lots of trails available to us, so crawling and off roading for me is likely going to be minimal unless I find something somewhere.

Either way, this is a thread I love fo follow since everything you do seems very practical and not outlandish.

Thoughts on your catch can? I’ve heard pros and cons

Cheers to the series, it’ll be a good one for sure

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That absolutely makes plenty of sense to me! Up in the state of 1-0 in the series, much like yourself we don’t have lots of trails available to us, so crawling and off roading for me is likely going to be minimal unless I find something somewhere.

Either way, this is a thread I love fo follow since everything you do seems very practical and not outlandish.

Thoughts on your catch can? I’ve heard pros and cons

Cheers to the series, it’ll be a good one for sure
Thanks again! For the catch can: i had one on my last Jeep (2006 Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI). It pulled a lot of oil and bad moisture out of the system, that would've been recycled through, so i absolutely like the idea of it. I had that vehicle/engine from 30K to 175K. When i gave it up, the engine ran great; no issues with it at all. The new owner actually found me, via my old thread on another forum and complimented me on my maint to the vehicle and how good the engine ran. This engine is new to me, but i like the idea of keeping recycled oil (and possible other factors) out of the engine and manifold. It's somewhat of an "audit point" for me. Over the 2200 i've put on it, it's probably caught about 3oz. I have just dumped it out, but will prob just dump it back in the oil fill, in the future. Time will tell, but i anticipate a positive experience from having it.
Sponsored