Sponsored

Hood Decals - Love em or Hate em (Yes, you too Rubicon owners) :)

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I am kinda mixed on the hood decals whether its "Wrangler", "Rubicon" and what not.

I think on some colors it looks good, while some do not.

What do you all think?

(This isn't to bash anyone who currently has them on their rig), Just wanted an overall assumption. Perhaps a poll would have been better, but I like reasonings too! :)
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I love them. I like on older Jeeps when people put the name, but I am not willing to pull my Rubicon stickers and replace it with Marshmallow.

I am apparently a more is better kind of girl. It is just one more thing to personalize the Jeep. (My love of stuff like that drives my brother INSANE so added bonus.)

I also just don't take it all that seriously as "the best, most capable rig ever," so my plates are MALL R8D, and there are marshmallows hanging from my mirror. I think Jeeps should be fun.

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
Honestly, I think I'm going to pull the Rubicon off when i get mine. Probably replace the jeep and the trail rated badge with the silver versions versus the red tinted version. (assuming I have to).

Im a less is more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I really like the current Rubicon decals. To the extent that the hood looks bare without it to me. And I've never thought that before until the JL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I thought about getting one (something) when I first bought it, but since then I had my entire front end clear bra'd and don't wanna mess that up but adding a decal on it, especially when I probably couldn't make it straight anyway, lol.. (Grill, hood, and around the windshield are protected now)....no rocks or bugs anymore. Just wipe it off once you get back home.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love them. I like on older Jeeps when people put the name, but I am not willing to pull my Rubicon stickers and replace it with Marshmallow.

I am apparently a more is better kind of girl. It is just one more thing to personalize the Jeep. (My love of stuff like that drives my brother INSANE so added bonus.)

I also just don't take it all that seriously as "the best, most capable rig ever," so my plates are MALL R8D, and there are marshmallows hanging from my mirror. I think Jeeps should be fun.
Damn, now I want to see "Marshmallow" in the Rubicon font.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Some are ok but personally don't like them. That's why I took ALL decals of my Rubicon

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Generally speaking hood decals and faux vents bug the hell out of me. But not on the Rubicon. I won’t start a war by naming some of the other decals that came with Jeep special editions (and no, I’m not talking about Moabs)

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Generally speaking hood decals and faux vents bug the hell out of me. But not on the Rubicon. I won’t start a war by naming some of the other decals that came with Jeep special editions (and no, I’m not talking about Moabs)
By "faux vents" are you talking about the ones on the hood or the ones on the side. Just curious...
Sponsored