First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Yep, about right. My MSRP was $55k+, Invoice $51k+, then $2,500 off of that. I'll get the extra 1% on delivery. I don't hit my 30 days for Tread Lightly until the 19th. I'm out the door for a pretty close to loaded JLRU for $48K, $130 doc fee. Besides that, Kim pretty cool, very knowledgeable. She knows her Jeeps. Easiest transaction better. She will return your calls or emails. For all the dealers that say "No way they can do that". Kim has ordered 22 JL's for guys on this forum. I'm not sure what the hold back money is that they get back from FCA but lets call it $1k per order. It's more than that but for the sake of easy math. That's $22-$30k for her dealership plus when the deliveries start rolling in in March/April they will go way over their targets for those months. All for ordering and then when they come in, prepping it and then doing the paperwork. Ordered on Jan. 16, it was built in less than 3 weeks. Waiting on ship now.
Holdback should be $1448 on average.
Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I just bought my JL today. I got 11% off sticker. I was happy. Everyone else in north Tx was only giving $500-$1000 off sticker.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
A little over 4k off sticker

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve only ever purchased one new car in my life ( the one I’m still driving) - so I’m a little ignorant where buying and getting the best deals goes.

With my recent interest in the JL as my next new vehicle, I’ve done some inquiries on the web and naturally I’ve got every dealership calling me because they all want your information. I’m still looking around- might not actually buy one for another year or so.

In order to find out the best deals in my area, should I just call my local dealerships and ask what they’ll give me under MSRP?

I just don’t like getting baited into giving out my information yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only ever purchased one new car in my life ( the one I’m still driving) - so I’m a little ignorant where buying and getting the best deals goes.

With my recent interest in the JL as my next new vehicle, I’ve done some inquiries on the web and naturally I’ve got every dealership calling me because they all want your information. I’m still looking around- might not actually buy one for another year or so.

In order to find out the best deals in my area, should I just call my local dealerships and ask what they’ll give me under MSRP?

There is a NJ dealer on the listing offering 3% below invoice. Not sure how far they are from you, but I would start by emailing them to verify they are still honoring that deal, then shop that deal with dealers closer to you. If you don't want to deal with the hassle most dealers accept the treadlightly discount which is 1% below invoice, but you would need to sign up 30 days before picking up.

And to figure out invoice pricing for your specific options you can reference this thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3

You are about 30 mins west of this dealer. I hammered out this deal for anyone/everyone. No games and from what I can tell this deal can be beat in the tri state. Vito is the goods. Give him a call tomorrow.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/nj-group-deal-invoice-3-tri-state-rejoice.2640/

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL

This was my first experience in 20 years buying from an unknown dealer. I worked for Toyota and was friends with the owners so I always got a great deal on a tacoma. This experience was eye opening. They’ll do Everything they can to screw you at every corner. Just because you get a good price doesn’t mean the deal is over. If you have an old trade, sell it your self or to Carmax (or a dealer like that). Then make sure you have financing set up Before you start looking. Finally, don’t buy an extended warranty over $1000 or they have “knocked your head off” (they made a ton off you). Look over All the numbers and then double check them. Know Exactly what your payment should be Before you get to finance or they’ll add “fluff” to the deal. Feel free to email if you have questions. I sold, roughly 1800 cars/trucks in 9 years. I’d be happy to help.

lucky2be

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ/JL Rubicon
Occupation
Farmer
Reading through all these amazing deals recently and talking with my local dealer, I have to ask am I shooting myself in the foot wanting to pay for it outright? My local dealer didn't even want to talk to me really after I showed him the few pages from here and facebook I had printed off. Just wondering if it was the deals you all are getting or if its the fact I don't want to hassle with his financing that made him less interested in dealing with me.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
First, Never show your cards to the player. It took a week of continuous looking to find that deal. I was even told buy a sales guy trying to sell me a Jeep that he was sending his wife to that dealer because his dealer wouldn’t do the same deal.
Play their game. Never tell them your true intentions. Take your trade, tell them you need financing, Then when you get to financing, “change your mind”. Decide to play cash or use your own financing, you can even take your trade out of the deal if you want. Just tell them you want to do numbers on Just the Jeep and you are giving your Jeep to your kid/relatives that Really need it... you just found out.
Unfortunately, that’s the game you have to play with some dealers (not all). Even when I tell them I was in the business, they still try and knock my head off! To me, it’s funny to make them squirm and sweat. I figure they’ve done it to enough people. It’s their turn!

Sponsored

lucky2be

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ/JL Rubicon
Occupation
Farmer
Thanks for the reply Newbie, I suppose I could have went in without my guns drawn and played their game a little but I was just ready to make a build and start the wait. heh Either way I contacted Jason from Tyson Motors in Joliet (7 hour drive) he got back to me within an hour or so with a 5-6% quote with exactly what I had asked for without any hassles. How refreshing! I don't even get off that easily at my local chev dealer who's a close family friend. LOL Anyways now my question would be how are all these long distance deals working out? Whats normal protocol, what should I expect to happen next? Will they be apt to add the aftermarket tires and mopar extras to the deal, or should I plan on that locally? Thanks for any info!

BTW Jason at Tyson Motors at this point I'd definitely recommend!

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Anyone in NC offering 5% below invoice or better. Koons is a 5 hour drive for me but worth it if a NC dealer won't match their 5% below invoice.
Give it a try at Steve White Motors. I’m pretty darn close to 5% below, mainly due to them knocking off $4100 and having zero doc fees

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I got 6% below invoice out in California.

Comes out to 11% below MSRP sticker.

Not contingent on financing, and with no trade-in. Simple $80 DOC fee (California's cap)

Haggle it!

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
Thanks for the reply Newbie, I suppose I could have went in without my guns drawn and played their game a little but I was just ready to make a build and start the wait. heh Either way I contacted Jason from Tyson Motors in Joliet (7 hour drive) he got back to me within an hour or so with a 5-6% quote with exactly what I had asked for without any hassles. How refreshing! I don't even get off that easily at my local chev dealer who's a close family friend. LOL Anyways now my question would be how are all these long distance deals working out? Whats normal protocol, what should I expect to happen next? Will they be apt to add the aftermarket tires and mopar extras to the deal, or should I plan on that locally? Thanks for any info!

BTW Jason at Tyson Motors at this point I'd definitely recommend!
Nothing should be/will be added because it’s an order. The one great thing about ordering is they want it to be exactly like you ordered it or you can back out without penalty. If anything changes on final price or options, I would think about walking away, as painful as that sounds. The first thing you need to do Before you make that drive is see the total amount to be financed (drive out). In Texas, that is our sales tax + $400ish in state fees +Jeep= drive out. You can research that for your state.
The second is have them take a picture of the Monroney sticker, the sticker on the car. Make sure Everything on there is perfect. Check model, engine, transmission and then options. If you look at the options first, you might forget to look at everything else. Lol!

Last thing. The first dealer I went to, I made the same mistake you did and spilled the beans on everything. I was so use to my dealer, I went in way to comfortable. Even when you pick up your new Jeep, assume someone will try and scam you to make more money on the deal. I once made, take home, $7500 on a $9000 sale. I say that to show you they are always trying to squeeze another dollar out of you! $2500 of the $7500 was my bonus from finance, if that tells you how much they make selling you stuff you don’t need. My advice is to buy, If you feel you need it, the bumper to bumper warranty. Extend it to 5 yrs/ 60k miles but it shouldn’t cost more that $1000-$1200 max! Their cost is $750-$950 but rarely will they sell it for that price, unless it’s the last day or weekend of the month. I hope this helps! Good luck! Feel free to ask more questions! I’d Love to help!

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My advice is to buy, If you feel you need it, the bumper to bumper warranty. Extend it to 5 yrs/ 60k miles but it shouldn’t cost more that $1000-$1200 max! Their cost is $750-$950 but rarely will they sell it for that price, unless it’s the last day or weekend of the month. I hope this helps! Good luck! Feel free to ask more questions! I’d Love to help!
A dealer mentioned on this forum is selling the lifetime MaxCare warranty ($200 deductible) for roughly $2600. The MSRP for it is $3995. Do you think that is a good deal?
Sponsored