Show off your Delivered JL Here!

meflattery

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What are your thoughts so far on driving this beautiful Jeep?
So far I’m loving it! Now I’m coming from driving a Grand Cherokee and was expecting to feel as though I was sacrificing certain luxuries for capability. Truth is this car is a major upgrade in both categories. The visibility is amazing and the newer UCONNECT system is outstanding. I rode KO2s on my Grand Cherokee as well and the ride feels very similar at lower speeds. The seats are more comfortable then the grand Cherokee (hug you oh so nicely) and if you’re tall, (I’m 6’ 5”) you’ll fit just fine. The upgraded alpine sound system is on point as well. Feel like I’m back in high school bumping my music with the sub in the back. One thing that will take some getting use to is the road noise. Have headliners ordered so hoping that helps out a bit. Definitely have to be engaged taking it above 75mph with a 12.5 in wide tire and the lift. Might be a little weird but I like how engaging the little bobble is at higher speeds and keeping it in the lane. Super antsy to take it on some Colorado trails next week. Overall impressions, I’m in love.
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
So far I’m loving it! Now I’m coming from driving a Grand Cherokee and was expecting to feel as though I was sacrificing certain luxuries for capability. Truth is this car is a major upgrade in both categories. The visibility is amazing and the newer UCONNECT system is outstanding. I rode KO2s on my Grand Cherokee as well and the ride feels very similar at lower speeds. The seats are more comfortable then the grand Cherokee (hug you oh so nicely) and if you’re tall, (I’m 6’ 5”) you’ll fit just fine. The upgraded alpine sound system is on point as well. Feel like I’m back in high school bumping my music with the sub in the back. One thing that will take some getting use to is the road noise. Have headliners ordered so hoping that helps out a bit. Definitely have to be engaged taking it above 75mph with a 12.5 in wide tire and the lift. Might be a little weird but I like how engaging the little bobble is at higher speeds and keeping it in the lane. Super antsy to take it on some Colorado trails next week. Overall impressions, I’m in love.
That's why they made the Alpine so good ! (To cover up, routine Jeep road noise! )

Sponsored

Sponsored

PCTiger90

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
90BFC377-8D43-499E-AF43-5966C3BEEA09.jpeg
A84F1071-749D-4CD2-9E0A-866EF666EF22.jpeg

So made a few minor mods including the fuel door you can see in the above picture. Also put in the chrome door sill guards, which really goes well with this color combination. Even though I got the all weather floor mats direct from the factory, the holes were not cut out of the front carpet for the drains. I took a deep breath and dug in to soon find out that the carpet cutouts were pre-scored at the factory. A couple of small cuts on the side is all it took, and the holes litterly fell out into the perfectly shape.
As for my first impressions, all I can say is wow! I was wondering why the cost went up so much for the JL, but everything about it seems so much better built than the JK. The ride is just incredible. Took the freedom tops off to install the mopar grab handles. The tops are much lighter, and the entire assembly just seem like it was built with much better quality. Speaking of cutting the carpet above, I was expecting to be able to just lift the carpet from just about anywhere like on the Jk. Nope, it’s snapped down in several places (kind of like the floor mats snap into place). It doesn’t just peel up randomly in places like the Jk. The ride is so smooth even with my K02s. I wouldn’t say as good as a typical car, but i would say it drives like a solid truck. I could never say the same of the JK. I haven’t gotten it up to interstate speeds, but 55-60 feels great. I’ve heard some talk about hard top wind noise. I do notice some noise that seems to be coming from the upper corner of the windshield that I don’t remember in my JK; however, with the Alpine sound system, who would notice. I will mostly have the top off/ windows down, radio on, etc. That sound system is INCREDIBLE! The touch screen is so responsive. Apple CarPlay is great, and even when iPhone is only connected through Bluetooth, you can invoke Siri by holding down the voice command button (vice momentarily pressing for the UConnect commands). Siri shows up on the screen and you just speak to it like you normally would. I guess that’s enough rambling for one post, but I had to share my excitement!

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Congratulations, hoping mine will be in by the end of the month. If you ever care to check out some trails out of the Springs PM me.
Sponsored