Sponsored

Show off your Delivered JL Here!

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget, these Ace sliders are supposed to fit over the stock sliders on the JL Rubi. Just thought I would add that.
That's great to know. My wife is somewhat vertically challenged and definitely takes advantage of the steps on her Sahara. I was looking for a solution (if we end up needing it) that will keep the rubi rails but still give us a step. Thank you.

horse&jeep

First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL ordered 11/7/17
IMG_1944.JPG Does anyone know the story behind this "easter egg" on the hood near the windshield wipers (passenger side)?

Sponsored

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
My Sahara Wrangler finally arrived. I love my Wrangler. The JL overall is on a different level than the JK. The suspension system is smoother, the handling is more responsive, the power is like night and day, the Alpine speaker system and the 10” Sub-woofer make the Wrangler rock. More photos and a more detailed write up coming soon.
Big Congrats. Looks Great.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
90BFC377-8D43-499E-AF43-5966C3BEEA09.jpeg
A84F1071-749D-4CD2-9E0A-866EF666EF22.jpeg

So made a few minor mods including the fuel door you can see in the above picture. Also put in the chrome door sill guards, which really goes well with this color combination. Even though I got the all weather floor mats direct from the factory, the holes were not cut out of the front carpet for the drains. I took a deep breath and dug in to soon find out that the carpet cutouts were pre-scored at the factory. A couple of small cuts on the side is all it took, and the holes litterly fell out into the perfectly shape.
As for my first impressions, all I can say is wow! I was wondering why the cost went up so much for the JL, but everything about it seems so much better built than the JK. The ride is just incredible. Took the freedom tops off to install the mopar grab handles. The tops are much lighter, and the entire assembly just seem like it was built with much better quality. Speaking of cutting the carpet above, I was expecting to be able to just lift the carpet from just about anywhere like on the Jk. Nope, it’s snapped down in several places (kind of like the floor mats snap into place). It doesn’t just peel up randomly in places like the Jk. The ride is so smooth even with my K02s. I wouldn’t say as good as a typical car, but i would say it drives like a solid truck. I could never say the same of the JK. I haven’t gotten it up to interstate speeds, but 55-60 feels great. I’ve heard some talk about hard top wind noise. I do notice some noise that seems to be coming from the upper corner of the windshield that I don’t remember in my JK; however, with the Alpine sound system, who would notice. I will mostly have the top off/ windows down, radio on, etc. That sound system is INCREDIBLE! The touch screen is so responsive. Apple CarPlay is great, and even when iPhone is only connected through Bluetooth, you can invoke Siri by holding down the voice command button (vice momentarily pressing for the UConnect commands). Siri shows up on the screen and you just speak to it like you normally would. I guess that’s enough rambling for one post, but I had to share my excitement!
Do you have those little flip flops on yours too?

Sponsored

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
90BFC377-8D43-499E-AF43-5966C3BEEA09.jpeg
A84F1071-749D-4CD2-9E0A-866EF666EF22.jpeg

So made a few minor mods including the fuel door you can see in the above picture. Also put in the chrome door sill guards, which really goes well with this color combination. Even though I got the all weather floor mats direct from the factory, the holes were not cut out of the front carpet for the drains. I took a deep breath and dug in to soon find out that the carpet cutouts were pre-scored at the factory. A couple of small cuts on the side is all it took, and the holes litterly fell out into the perfectly shape.
As for my first impressions, all I can say is wow! I was wondering why the cost went up so much for the JL, but everything about it seems so much better built than the JK. The ride is just incredible. Took the freedom tops off to install the mopar grab handles. The tops are much lighter, and the entire assembly just seem like it was built with much better quality. Speaking of cutting the carpet above, I was expecting to be able to just lift the carpet from just about anywhere like on the Jk. Nope, it’s snapped down in several places (kind of like the floor mats snap into place). It doesn’t just peel up randomly in places like the Jk. The ride is so smooth even with my K02s. I wouldn’t say as good as a typical car, but i would say it drives like a solid truck. I could never say the same of the JK. I haven’t gotten it up to interstate speeds, but 55-60 feels great. I’ve heard some talk about hard top wind noise. I do notice some noise that seems to be coming from the upper corner of the windshield that I don’t remember in my JK; however, with the Alpine sound system, who would notice. I will mostly have the top off/ windows down, radio on, etc. That sound system is INCREDIBLE! The touch screen is so responsive. Apple CarPlay is great, and even when iPhone is only connected through Bluetooth, you can invoke Siri by holding down the voice command button (vice momentarily pressing for the UConnect commands). Siri shows up on the screen and you just speak to it like you normally would. I guess that’s enough rambling for one post, but I had to share my excitement!
looks great! What size are those KO2s?

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
39549C4C-ACB1-4A14-81BD-F28E0D0E2ADE.jpeg

Presenting my black on black 2018 JL Rubicon with basically everything on it - the first JL Rubi in the RVA area!! Packages include Cold Weather, Tow, LED Lighting, Infotainment System, Active Safety, Steel Bumpers, 8-speed Automatic, and 3-piece Hard Top!! So psyched to have her just as she is now but can’t wait to start building!!
Sponsored