Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I installed the Morimoto LED Directional and DRL into our
Rubicon. The lights work as long as the engine is not running. Lights work properly when the switch is in the run position. If the engine is started the DRL works with the headlights on or off. The directional signs and emergency flashers work while the engine is running. However, if the directional and the DRL are both on while the engine is running the lights begin to flash an then turn off. Any suggestions would be helpful.

D3319AEA-5490-4602-9DF8-2326EA54B75C.jpeg
Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
This was a known issue with these and they supposedly have a harness to fix it id email or call them

OP
OP
Tjbrlecic1

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks for the information. I all ready email. I am going to call in the morning.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Thanks for the information. I all ready email. I am going to call in the morning.
So a couple things.

1. you can use them just as a regular turn signal (normal flash) and they should be fine.

2. you can use a tazer to turn on LED fender lights and the progressive feature should work

3. you can wait for their fix. which for some reason works on some rigs but not all. it worked on my jeep but Matt from TRS said they're still having issues.

I have a series on these lights on my youtube channel going over the saga of making the progressive signal work lol

OP
OP
Tjbrlecic1

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I tried plugging the directional up as a regular blink mode and had the same problem.
I have a Tazer showing up today. We will see how it goes.
Our 2005 Chevy Duramax is such a simple creature. Plug it it an it works. Our 2018 Rubicon is a whole different animal. All the sailor language I throw at it an it still doesn’t listen. Talk about testing ones patience.

Sponsored

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a pair of these. I dont really need the progressive turn signal to work. Just the blink and DRL is fine. I hope I dont need a Tazer for these as I dont want to void my warranty. Its only 3 weeks old lol.

OP
OP
Tjbrlecic1

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I just purchased a pair of these. I dont really need the progressive turn signal to work. Just the blink and DRL is fine. I hope I dont need a Tazer for these as I dont want to void my warranty. Its only 3 weeks old lol.
Ours was one of the few that had the problems we had. The sequel turn is remedied by putting an adapter plugged in line if needed.
If you purchase a Tazer is easy to get in and out. In marry it to the Jeep. Program the functions you want and your done. About 15 minutes including hooking it up. Out is about the same time. Unmarry it resets the Jeep unplug it.
We turned on our auxiliary switches, turned auto start stop off, turned the seatbelt chimes off, enabled the maps while in motion and played with the lockers while in four wheel high.

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Morimoto LED Directional and DRL into our
Rubicon. The lights work as long as the engine is not running. Lights work properly when the switch is in the run position. If the engine is started the DRL works with the headlights on or off. The directional signs and emergency flashers work while the engine is running. However, if the directional and the DRL are both on while the engine is running the lights begin to flash an then turn off. Any suggestions would be helpful.

D3319AEA-5490-4602-9DF8-2326EA54B75C.jpeg
How did you wire the DRL for your headlights? I saw in a video that it was the Blue wire from the Morimoto Signals but that does not seem to be working.

OP
OP
Tjbrlecic1

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
How did you wire the DRL for your headlights? I saw in a video that it was the Blue wire from the Morimoto Signals but that does not seem to be working.
In the lighting section of the forums are the wiring diagrams for the DRL and directional lights. I spliced into the turn signal line.
The headlights are Quake LED and I use heat shrink waterproof solder connectors the make the connection. If you need help PM me.
Sponsored