1. Tjbrlecic1

Tjbrlecic1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    I installed the Morimoto LED Directional and DRL into our
    Rubicon. The lights work as long as the engine is not running. Lights work properly when the switch is in the run position. If the engine is started the DRL works with the headlights on or off. The directional signs and emergency flashers work while the engine is running. However, if the directional and the DRL are both on while the engine is running the lights begin to flash an then turn off. Any suggestions would be helpful.

D3319AEA-5490-4602-9DF8-2326EA54B75C.jpeg

2. Brooklynjlu2018

Brooklynjlu2018 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Junior
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 wrangler sahara
    Liked:
    This was a known issue with these and they supposedly have a harness to fix it id email or call them

3. OP
    OP
    Tjbrlecic1

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    Thanks for the information. I all ready email. I am going to call in the morning.

4. 2k2wranglerx

2k2wranglerx Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 rubicon JL
    Liked:
    So a couple things.

1. you can use them just as a regular turn signal (normal flash) and they should be fine.

2. you can use a tazer to turn on LED fender lights and the progressive feature should work

3. you can wait for their fix. which for some reason works on some rigs but not all. it worked on my jeep but Matt from TRS said they're still having issues.

I have a series on these lights on my youtube channel going over the saga of making the progressive signal work lol

5. OP
    OP
    Tjbrlecic1

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    I tried plugging the directional up as a regular blink mode and had the same problem.
    I have a Tazer showing up today. We will see how it goes.
    Our 2005 Chevy Duramax is such a simple creature. Plug it it an it works. Our 2018 Rubicon is a whole different animal. All the sailor language I throw at it an it still doesn’t listen. Talk about testing ones patience.

6. Datjeeptho

Datjeeptho Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon JLU
    Liked:
    I just purchased a pair of these. I dont really need the progressive turn signal to work. Just the blink and DRL is fine. I hope I dont need a Tazer for these as I dont want to void my warranty. Its only 3 weeks old lol.

7. OP
    OP
    Tjbrlecic1

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    Ours was one of the few that had the problems we had. The sequel turn is remedied by putting an adapter plugged in line if needed.
    If you purchase a Tazer is easy to get in and out. In marry it to the Jeep. Program the functions you want and your done. About 15 minutes including hooking it up. Out is about the same time. Unmarry it resets the Jeep unplug it.
    We turned on our auxiliary switches, turned auto start stop off, turned the seatbelt chimes off, enabled the maps while in motion and played with the lockers while in four wheel high.

Datjeeptho likes this.
  8. Datjeeptho

Datjeeptho Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon JLU
    Liked:
    How did you wire the DRL for your headlights? I saw in a video that it was the Blue wire from the Morimoto Signals but that does not seem to be working.

9. OP
    OP
    Tjbrlecic1

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    In the lighting section of the forums are the wiring diagrams for the DRL and directional lights. I spliced into the turn signal line.
    The headlights are Quake LED and I use heat shrink waterproof solder connectors the make the connection. If you need help PM me.