Seat covers

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Are any of these seat cover options you guys mentioned (Bartec, Wet Okole) thin enough to not interfere with the OEM seat heater? I live by heated seats but am thinking I'll need seat covers since I'm likely to go with the cloth seats over leather.
I have heated seats in my JLUR and use Bartact seat covers. I spend a lot of time in the snow and the heated seats work without a problem. Also the entire back and side of the seats have Molle attachments and so I don't miss the factory Molle rack.

I also had Wet Okole seat covers on a TJ and loved them, you have a lot more customization options then the Bartact. However the sun also destroyed mine so I went with Bartact this time and so far I think they'll last longer and you get the Molle attachments.
Sponsored

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
I have heated seats in my JLUR and use Bartact seat covers. I spend a lot of time in the snow and the heated seats work without a problem. Also the entire back and side of the seats have Molle attachments and so I don't miss the factory Molle rack.

I also had Wet Okole seat covers on a TJ and loved them, you have a lot more customization options then the Bartact. However the sun also destroyed mine so I went with Bartact this time and so far I think they'll last longer and you get the Molle attachments.
Good to know! Seat heaters are SO important to me - just naturally cold natured.

I LOVE the Bartacts with the Molle attachments but they are much pricier than the Wet Okoles. Both are on the short list for now, but with a coupe of other planned interior mods ahead of seat covers, I may need to go with the lower price for the first round and upgrade to Bartacts when the Okole's wear out.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have the Rough Country seat covers, and also no interference with the heat. Maybe takes a minute more to feel the warmth, but once it's up and running no issues.

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have Bartact tactical front seat covers, and I am very happy with them and highly recommend them--both functionally and aesthetically. They are not cheap (but in the grand scheme of Jeep mod's, not expensive, either), but they are extremely durable and fit great--well-spent money for me.

I can't speak to the heated seat issue, as I don't have them...remote start takes care of preheating my Jeep.

My priorities were protecting the seat when the top is off, which I defined as full coverage by a highly water resistant, UV resistant, and durable material...with vibrant colors that don't fade and a factory-like fit. Bartact tactical seat covers were the only product that met my criteria at the time of my purchase.

NOTE: For those that intend to employ MOLLE items on the seats, please note that the system on the back of the Rubicon factory seats does not fully meet the PALS standard because of the plastic structure, so some MOLLE items will not work with it (I learned this the hard way). However, the PALS system on the Bartact seats fully complies with the standard, so all MOLLE-compliant items of appropriate size should mount on it without a problem. It also offers significantly more surface are for MOLLE attachments than the factory system, along with a zippered pocket in the same area, truly maximizing storage on the seat back.

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Has anyone tried the PRP Seat Covers yet? Just got an email that they are on sale. They look nice, and I like that I can customize the colors.

Capture.PNG

Sponsored

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the RC ones but also see SmittyBilt came out with some for similar price. Any thoughts on which ones? Want something for spring, pollen, summer, topless, dog, kid protection but not crazy expensive so can replace if needed.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
"Has anyone tried the PRP Seat Covers yet? Just got an email that they are on sale. They look nice, and I like that I can customize the colors."

I too would be curious to see someone's results with these covers. I think the gray tweed would look fantastic with my wife's HellaYella Sahara.
upload_2019-3-21_12-30-38.png

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
61A8559C-0652-48E6-94F5-2DF874C31607.jpeg
I have the Rixxu. Nice covers that allow you to keep the Rubicon Molle Panels exposed. Very Happy with them.

A12E0798-3AFF-485A-8A24-C7FD9C07017E.jpeg

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Are any of these seat cover options you guys mentioned (Bartec, Wet Okole) thin enough to not interfere with the OEM seat heater? I live by heated seats but am thinking I'll need seat covers since I'm likely to go with the cloth seats over leather.
I have Bartact in mine. The heated seats really work well with the covers. The first time I turned them on I was surprised how quickly they warmed and how hot they got. I imagine any seat cover would allow the seat heater work well.

Sponsored

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Has anyone tried the PRP Seat Covers yet? Just got an email that they are on sale. They look nice, and I like that I can customize the colors.

Capture.PNG
Not seeing them for split rear seats, or am I missing them?