Sponsored

Default Dash Colors

When choosing a color like Hella Yella or Mojito! would you like the option to keep the red dash?

• Total voters

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
I know the exact spec Mojito! Rubicon I want to order, but I HATE the silver dash. I know I can wrap or paint it, but I want the factory Rubicon red dash. Why can't FCA offer an option to override the default dash color? I understand that they don't want the red dash color to clash with the rest of the Jeep, but if that's really the reason then why is the stitching on the steering wheel, seats, doors, shift boot, console lid, etc kept red, not to mention the red accents on the exterior(front and rear recovery hooks, Rubicon badging, and Jeep badges) are kept red when you choose colors like Hella Yella and Mojito!. With all of these red accents, the silver dash just looks out of place to me
MRD.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Avl2294

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Pic18 I hope it's okay that I stole your picture. It was the top result in my google search.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yep, no reason people shouldn't have options. It is a simple enough swap to do after receiving though.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I like the red dash, but I would hate it in my Mojito. Too much red (especially interior) for the Mojito turns it from Mojito Green to Watermelon Green.

OP
OP
Avl2294

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, no reason people shouldn't have options. It is a simple enough swap to do after receiving though.
Where can I get the red Rubicon Dash panels?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Automakers love to package things, particularly on higher end models to make them “exclusive” and get you to up purchase. I think that on Rubicons you should have the option to choose red, silver, or body color dash. Package it with the leather seat option to get buyers to spend more, but make it available in some fashion. I’d have spent a few extra $ for it.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
From the poll:

“...would you like the option to...” no further reading necessary; voted Yes. Options are always good.

The real question is, at what price?

Doesn’t really matter to me either way, I’d just go with whatever is cheapest.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Automakers love to package things, particularly on higher end models to make them “exclusive” and get you to up purchase. I think that on Rubicons you should have the option to choose red, silver, or body color dash. Package it with the leather seat option to get buyers to spend more, but make it available in some fashion. I’d have spent a few extra $ for it.
I would have loved a body colored dash panel at maybe a small additional cost, but not at the ridiculous price the aftermarket offerings are currently at.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I would have loved the option for a leather dash like the Sahara in my Rubicon, only with red stitching to match the seats.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I would have loved the option for a leather dash like the Sahara in my Rubicon, only with red stitching to match the seats.
I think that was in the Gladiator launch edition, so eventually you might find a part number for it.
Sponsored