Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Angering. I learned all new swear words. Look, the winch was fine. The removal of the bumper was easy. The install of the bumper was easy. The issue? Quadratec designed the fog light bezel for tools that don’t exist. There are tiny nuts and bolts when there are much easier ways. They even had an ikea style deal with an included Allen wrench. Screw stripped out halfway in and it’s too small to use an adapter.

I love the look and results. But they really need to redo the fog light install.
I'll say this for the rest of my day...

Buy cheap GET CHEAP!

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I'll say this for the rest of my day...

Buy cheap GET CHEAP!
It’s not really a cheap thing. Just a design flaw. The bumper itself is about the same price as others in the category. Some of the more complex ones are hideous and I don’t need bulletproof thickness for its use.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GGguy77

Curious... with that sunshade offering, how are you attaching the front bunchee's...with plastic clips?

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
@GGguy77

Curious... with that sunshade offering, how are you attaching the front bunchee's...with plastic clips?
Nope. They put a nylon strap folded in half in the package that you can use to run the bungee through the space in between the frame and the windshield. I also used the strap to get over the sound bar. I used tape to hold the ends of the strap together as I fished it around.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
It’s not really a cheap thing. Just a design flaw. The bumper itself is about the same price as others in the category. Some of the more complex ones are hideous and I don’t need bulletproof thickness for its use.
I dont just mean cheap material, I mean cheap all around.

That's why Mopar is so expensive, they have to pay engineers to design there stuff along with all the standards they have.

99% of the aftermarket stuff out there is garbage.

Price may look good, or may look good out of the box or in a picture but I can guarantee to you your either going have to modify something, spend hours trying to figure something out or spend money trying to make something fit or work(or even to repair it).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Nope. They put a nylon strap folded in half in the package that you can use to run the bungee through the space in between the frame and the windshield. I also used the strap to get over the sound bar. I used tape to hold the ends of the strap together as I fished it around.
@GGguy77

Yes, I get the "nylon strap" as other sunshade vendors send similar to get the bunchie through.... what I'm asking is how are you securing the front bunchie's to the windshield header?

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my rig back, :clap:...,got my new axle put in, not sure if I’ll ever know what the clunking noise was from. My mechanic said they’ll probably just rebuild it resale it. Had him throw in the rk control arms while it was in there. Moved my rear wheels back a little, to make more centered, was driving me crazy (ocd). lol. Also was drooping a little in front from bumper and winch, so had him throw in some 3/4” coil spacers. Got her stance back. And of course, Colby the actual owner of the Jeep,( we’ll at least in her mind), had to inspect the axle for herself,lol. Here’s before and after....:)

B3A0BCA5-3B37-4163-9133-6183228E0A33.jpeg

663AF145-5A91-4C34-B387-72F80258EB07.jpeg

D03B8AB9-21F8-4FDC-A718-3078DF1055EB.png

A3766CA5-3CAA-427B-94DA-B6C5CE93B1AF.png
Hello Colby!:like:

Wade

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
My windshield cracked yesterday in a similar manner, although 7,500 miles in.
crack.jpg
My 18 jl Rubicon also cracked in a similar place.
I drove to our niece's house and didn't notice or hear anything. On the way home I noticed a crack.
My wife was with me and didn't hear or notice it until the way home??????

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Did you know there is an indicator on the gas gauge that shows you which side you put the gas in?
The Costco gas stations I’ve been to are one way only and they get pissed if you flip around. The hoses are long enough to reach either side. With the long lines, you take the next available pump. Just my $.02

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

:giggle:.... I’m not laughing at you I’m laughing with you... “been there “...:). I’m also running the “12 inch “ Mopar lift :LOL:. What wheel/ tire you getting? ......:)
Lol I know ...Think I’m going with Method wheels and BFG KO2s 35s

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
The Costco gas stations I’ve been to are one way only and they get pissed if you flip around. The hoses are long enough to reach either side. With the long lines, you take the next available pump. Just my $.02
My $.02 - I don't think the person who posted the pics was too worried about pissing anyone off. He parked in a way to maybe just create a better photo op, no regard for staying within the lines to keep order.