OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
I've posted this before. I highly recommend lowering the windshield slightly, put clips and bungees in front. Next do the rear bungees, the others will fall in place nicely. If you do the rear last, you'll probably have issues.
I'm assuming you're referring to the front shade, right?

Front clips should always be done first. Totally agree there.

I've only ever done it like this: front > side > side > rear. From there, I went back to the sides to just adjust the bungees by sliding them forwards or backwards until it sits just right.

I'm sure the way you do it (front > rear > side > side) just means you need to adjust the rear bungee placement after you're done (instead of adjusting the sides). I do the back last because it uses the longest bungee and I have the most room (and more comfortable stance) to maneuver and finish up the install.

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Thank you BlairF. With a little help pulling taught the sunshade, I am now officially and more importantly correctly installed. And I may even have a sunny day to take a ride and test it out. How exciting!

Could not have done it without your photo for an example.

870FB56B-0794-4F76-A521-807077871D06.jpeg
That looks MUCH better than before.

We listened and created an installation video. We're very sorry for any frustration and curse words that have been used during the installation. It will be posted very soon after I finish the final edits.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
That looks MUCH better than before.

We listened and created an installation video. We're very sorry for any frustration and curse words that have been used during the installation. It will be posted very soon after I finish the final edits.

Great.

I can only add that the clips do seem to need the windshield bolted in place to help them resist from popping out. I would suggest just lifting the windshield, placing clips and then bolting windshield back on. Then hook front ones on mesh and only then putting any pressure in the front clips. Just resting the windshield on the clips doesn’t work.

Having a helper is a must. They can help pull mesh in a direction to help get the bungies on. And be prepared to really stretch those back two bungees beyond what you think they will take.

It is all worth it. With it on, top down and all
Windows down, the air flow almost seems cooler. No a/c needed. No hat needed.

I give it 5 stars!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Great.

I can only add that the clips do seem to need the windshield bolted in place to help them resist from popping out. I would suggest just lifting the windshield, placing clips and then bolting windshield back on. Then hook front ones on mesh and only then putting any pressure in the front clips. Just resting the windshield on the clips doesn’t work.

Having a helper is a must. They can help pull mesh in a direction to help get the bungies on. And be prepared to really stretch those back two bungees beyond what you think they will take.

It is all worth it. With it on, top down and all
Windows down, the air flow almost seems cooler. No a/c needed. No hat needed.

I give it 5 stars!!
Thanks for the 5 star rating!!

For anyone who has installation questions, we just finished our Full Length Sunshade Installation Video:

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@kvport

Huh ......... There are no clips on the sides. Clips are on the front with the 4 Tee bunchies. All other bunchies have balls.
I should have specified. The outer sides on the front 4. Two clips were missing and so I installed the outer ones without the clips.

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a Cherry Red front shade for my Sting-Gray! Did it through Amazon before I seen the potential $10 off :( But, I will keep that in mind for the rear shade!

Sponsored

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
Not sure if it's been asked but can I order a front/rear set for the power top? It looks like it'd work but not sure if it's been done yet.

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Not sure if it's been asked but can I order a front/rear set for the power top? It looks like it'd work but not sure if it's been done yet.
We haven't had a chance to test fit out shades on a Power Top-equipped Wrangler yet so I can't comment on that unfortunately. Not yet at least!

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
We haven't had a chance to test fit out shades on a Power Top-equipped Wrangler yet so I can't comment on that unfortunately. Not yet at least!
I'm thinking (and hoping) it will. If you don't get to test fit it before my Jeep order comes in I'll be the guinea pig.