Sponsored

Team Alien Sunshade Has Landed!

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Hello JL Wrangler Forum members!!

We are extremely excited to join the community as both a member and Site Sponsor.

ABOUT US
- - - - -
In case you've never heard of us, Alien Sunshade got its start back in 2013 and manufactures Sunshade Mesh Tops and other Jeep Accessories for the Jeep Wrangler JL, JK/JKU, TJ, YJ, LJ as well as the Jeep Renegade.

Our current development vehicle is a 2018 Granite Crystal JLU Rubicon currently fitted with 37" Baja MTZ P3 tires, Mickey Thompson Sidebiter Lock Wheels, an Evo MFG 2.5" Lift Kit and our Alien Sunshade.

Check it out in all its glory!:turkey:

IMG_2826.jpg

We also still have our JKU which we aren't quite ready to let go of...:blush: Anyone else still holding on to their older Jeep??

JL SUNSHADES
- - - - -
For the Wrangler JL, we currently offer both a Full Length Shade as well as a Front Only Shade.

Quick Specs
  • No need to lower your windshield to install our sunshades thanks to our custom designed windshield clips
  • 10 Year Warranty against defects
  • Installs in minutes with our bungee balls
  • Compatible with OEM Hard Top and Soft Top (no need to remove our shade!)
  • 15 Colors and Counting!
  • All Sunshades Ship for FREE out of our Toledo, Ohio warehouse
Alien Sunshade Jeep Wrangler JL Full Length Sun Shade Mesh Top
IMG_2399.jpg

Alien Sunshade Jeep Wrangler JL Front Shade Mesh Top
JLF-Green.jpg

IN DEVELOPMENT
- - - - -

Here's what we're working on:

JL Rear Only Sunshade

If you want to get notified of when these are released, sign up here: JL New Shade Colors & Styles Pre-Launch List

CONNECT WITH US
- - - - -

We're quite active on social media so be sure to give us a follow on Facebook and Instagram.

We feature a lot of customers on there so if you're an Alien Sunshade customer, be sure to tag us in your shots!

We will update this thread as necessary!

Thanks and we look forward to our stay here and connecting with everyone!

Ryan & Andrew
-Team Alien Sunshade
:jk:
Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an Alien Sun Shade two months ago and don't like the fact that it's hard to get the two front panels off while the shade is on.

Is this headache eliminated now with new shades?

epsho

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2DR Wrangler JL. MTX
Ill ask the obvious question - Any plans for a 2-door version?

EDIT - upon further investigation the "Front Only" option appears to fit the 2-door. Is that intended to cover both sets of seats?

Last edited:

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I love mine! Fit's great and really helps block the So FL sun!

Things that helped make the decision easy!
No need to drop the windshield, easy clip system installed quickly, no need to remove the shade once installed, Durability with a 10 year warranty, used them for my JKU shade and it held up perfectly, customer service is some of the best I've experienced.

IMG_3463.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Ill ask the obvious question - Any plans for a 2-door version?

EDIT - upon further investigation the "Front Only" option appears to fit the 2-door. Is that intended to cover both sets of seats?
You are correct! Our JLF Front Shade fits both 4 door and 2 door JLs.

The front only shade is intended to cover the front set of seats since it can be used in conjunction with keeping on the rear portion of your hard top.

And just to note, you do not need to remove your back hardtop to install our front shade. Simply fish the bungees in the back around the sound bar and side roll bar.

However, we do have a Rear Only shade in the works. If you want to get notified of its release and updates, definitely sign up here: Alien Sunshade JL Pre-Launch

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
I bought an Alien Sun Shade two months ago and don't like the fact that it's hard to get the two front panels off while the shade is on.

Is this headache eliminated now with new shades?
Hi Brian!
First off, thanks for purchasing our sunshade.

As far as it being hard to remove the front panels, are you having difficulty accessing the latches? The way our shade is designed, there should be sufficient room to get your hand between the windshield frame and shade to access the latches and the bungees have some elasticity.

Thanks,
Andrew

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
I love mine! Fit's great and really helps block the So FL sun!

Things that helped make the decision easy!
No need to drop the windshield, easy clip system installed quickly, no need to remove the shade once installed, Durability with a 10 year warranty, used them for my JKU shade and it held up perfectly, customer service is some of the best I've experienced.
Thanks so much for your pics and review, Chris! It really looks great on your Bright White Rubi!

SamfromTX

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLU Rubicon. Past Jeep: 2011 JK Rubicon
Exactly what I was waiting for, something that I can put on and don't have to take off when I put the top back on. Ordering shortly.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Brian!
First off, thanks for purchasing our sunshade.

As far as it being hard to remove the front panels, are you having difficulty accessing the latches? The way our shade is designed, there should be sufficient room to get your hand between the windshield frame and shade to access the latches and the bungees have some elasticity.

Thanks,
Andrew
Ya the sun shade I have for the JL...I had to remove the windshield to install the clips. It's hard getting my "what I thought normal size hands" in their to undo the latches.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Ya the sun shade I have for the JL...I had to remove the windshield to install the clips. It's hard getting my "what I thought normal size hands" in their to undo the latches.
Although it's certainly possible to install the clips without having to lower the windshield, lowering the windshield does make it easier.

Maybe you have man hands??

LeoD

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I just ordered mine!
35171266_1850742698563073_2742254640455221248_n.jpg

garzaa1010

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Going to order the front shade and a trail bag soon and wait for the rear shade. This Texas sun is rough but we will keep the hard top on till then.
Sponsored