Recommendations re-gearing shop Texas

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Mercedes GLC, 2018 Ford Expidition
Does anyone have any recommendations for a shop to regear in Texas preferably DFW area, but will to travel. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Give Jeff a call at Dallas Offroad. He re-geared my wife’s JK, and they did a great job. No gear whine, or other issues. Dropped it off Friday morning, picked it up Friday evening.

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give Jeff a call at Dallas Offroad. He re-geared my wife’s JK, and they did a great job. No gear whine, or other issues. Dropped it off Friday morning, picked it up Friday evening.
Thank you sir!!

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Report back what they quote you. I want to regear my '18 Recon.
I schedule to have it done at 4 wheel parts. I took it in on Monday I called them on wednesday still haven’t even started on. They said by Friday. Called Friday, same story, manager said they would try to have it done by Saturday because they were losing their gears guy for a week the next week. I called Saturday morning to see if they had began on it. Manager was completely rude, so I told him to cancel and give me a refund. He then got really pissed. I called Dallas off road I’m schedule to take it in February 26th. He said he would need a day with it. He quoted me 2100, so we shall see.

Sponsored

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I schedule to have it done at 4 wheel parts. I took it in on Monday I called them on wednesday still haven’t even started on. They said by Friday. Called Friday, same story, manager said they would try to have it done by Saturday because they were losing their gears guy for a week the next week. I called Saturday morning to see if they had began on it. Manager was completely rude, so I told him to cancel and give me a refund. He then got really pissed. I called Dallas off road I’m schedule to take it in February 26th. He said he would need a day with it. He quoted me 2100, so we shall see.
Yeah 4WP is garbage. I have one within walking distance and wouldn't use them even if it was free. What gear ratio are you going with??

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah 4WP is garbage. I have one within walking distance and wouldn't use them even if it was free. What gear ratio are you going with??
I am going with 4.88. I have 37” tires, but I think that’s where I need to be. What about you?

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I am going with 4.88. I have 37” tires, but I think that’s where I need to be. What about you?
I was looking at 4.88 but only running 315’s. Might be a little much, but I have a JK and might go with 37’s one day.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Go to Collin County Offroad. Ask for Andy or Brian. I'd stay away from Dallas Offroad. I've seen Brian and Andy fix some of their work....

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Plano store by chance? Dealing with Doug? Always a treat!

Dallas Off-road did a great job on the wife’s JK gears. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again, and I am very picky.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plano store by chance? Dealing with Doug? Always a treat!

Dallas Off-road did a great job on the wife’s JK gears. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again, and I am very picky.
It was in Coppell, I believe his name was Doug, but could be wrong. The saleman, was great, manager not so much!!

I have heard nothing great about Dallas Off-Road so hopefully everything goes well this time!

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to Collin County Offroad. Ask for Andy or Brian. I'd stay away from Dallas Offroad. I've seen Brian and Andy fix some of their work....
I called them 3 times and left my name and number with them. They never cared to call me back. I am not going to beg to give someone work.
Sponsored