2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Where I live I was told it would be around August for what I wanted (2 dr Rubicon with the powered top). I live in the middle of Oregon though and not a big city so that might have a lot to do with it.
Power top is "late availability," and only available on the 4-door. So, you were given incorrect information by your dealer.

2-doors will not take until August if ordered, now. I'm hoping to see mine in May at the latest (I ordered 3 weeks ago).

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
2 Door Rubi hard top ordered on January 8. Vin assigned and still in D status.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I tried to order a 2DR yesterday with the Hard Top, and the system wouldn't let the order go through because of the Hard Top ( Black ). That worries me a little, I sure don't want to wait months for the order to take in the system!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hard-top... yes. Lucky... not so much.

D – firm schedule: serial number assigned, approx time in station – 5 days
C – tentative schedule
Interesting. My 2d soft top is in D according to FCA chat. My understanding, though, is that soft top production doesn’t start until mid-March. I don’t expect to see my status change any time soon.

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
2DR Soft Top in C status since 1/8. FCA chat expects it to move to D shortly.
The production timeline we originally had showed 2 door production to begin Feb 12. However, it also showed soft top production to begin Dec 11 and we know that was delayed between 3-4 weeks. Perhaps they will "catch-up" (we have no idea how ordering is going) but I would be surprised if we see any 2 doors begin production before March. But who knows. I hope your's moves quickly!

Redleg22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice, I will contact my dealer to get an update. What is your build if u don't mind sharing?
Rubicon, Granite Chrystal (Was really hoping Sting Grey would be available), Automatic, Premium Soft Top, LED Package, HD tow and electrical group, Leather seats, All weather floor mats.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Rubicon, Granite Chrystal (Was really hoping Sting Grey would be available), Automatic, Premium Soft Top, LED Package, HD tow and electrical group, Leather seats, All weather floor mats.
Nice. I have the same order except no leather but with cold weather.. I was in C last week, so hopefully in D soon like you.

Update: just checked with Jeep chat. I am in D. So some 2 doors have moved up....I am still expecting to wait a few months.
Sponsored

Last edited: