MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

JDub1156

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB
FYI for other MOAB owners... I was curious about the suspension on mine and did a Jeep chat twice. Amazed I couldn’t get answer if it was Sahara or Rubicon. I called local dealership and gave the VINs of mine vs Sahara vs Rubicon. Was told BOTH (springs and shocks) are the same part #’s as Rubicon, NOT Sahara. Finding out this is a true split between the two models.
Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Moab has Sahara suspension based on what I learned.

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
FYI for other MOAB owners... I was curious about the suspension on mine and did a Jeep chat twice. Amazed I couldn’t get answer if it was Sahara or Rubicon. I called local dealership and gave the VINs of mine vs Sahara vs Rubicon. Was told BOTH (springs and shocks) are the same part #’s as Rubicon, NOT Sahara. Finding out this is a true split between the two models.
Pretty sure that’s not correct.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just put the teraflex performer kit on (1.5” spacers with falcon shocks). Here’s a pic of the takeoffs.

EE90FECD-8DD0-4AF9-962E-C4F72D56871F.jpeg
Those look like Rubicon shocks, to me.

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Ok, this may be a little off topic here, but I’m glad I found this thread filled with Moab owners.

For those of you with the Moab, do you find that the wider rock rails help prevent road splash from the front tires. I have the standard rock rails on our new Rubicon and it’s insane how much gets splashed up on the doors. My biggest fear is stone chips, especially on the door hinges. Of course, no one makes splash guards that fit the Rubicon.

Thanks.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Ok, this may be a little off topic here, but I’m glad I found this thread filled with Moab owners.

For those of you with the Moab, do you find that the wider rock rails help prevent road splash from the front tires. I have the standard rock rails on our new Rubicon and it’s insane how much gets splashed up on the doors. My biggest fear is stone chips, especially on the door hinges. Of course, no one makes splash guards that fit the Rubicon.

Thanks.
@Steevr I have a Rubi and I bought the larger rails (that come standard on the Moab) and they DO help with road debris and mud... not 100%... but significantly better than the standard rubi rails. I run 35" KO2's and they love to kick stuff up. Great reason to have them... and they are STOUT (i.e. a real rock rail). They also serve as a nice step for those that are shorter... I use them every time I get out (no more dirt on back of pants).

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
With the Moab package you get Rubi steel bumpers, hood, skid plates, hd rock sliders, black trim, trim specific wheels, select trac, hd suspension, gas shocks, hd brakes.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Those look like Rubicon shocks, to me.
On the other Moab thread under general discussions, it was confirmed that the shocks and the springs are Rubicon shocks and springs. This was after a visual inspection of the part numbers. Interesting bonus.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Right on the the window sticker and build sheet.

Sponsored

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Right on the the window sticker and build sheet.
My window sticker and my build sheet just say gas shocks and heavy duty suspension which I would expect anyway. Did not realize that meant Rubicon shocks and suspension. None of the write ups mentioned this. With that said, now I and a whole bunch more Moabers know what some of you already knew. I guess my reading so many contracts in my line of business, I don't assume anything and have to know for sure what a fact is. Regardless, my wife is one happy Mojito Moab owner and I can honestly say I feel pretty good about it too. Happy New Year folks!!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Very interesting that the Moab gets so much attention and discussion. So, yes not a Sahara, not a Rubicon, but something in between.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have pictures of MOAB edition with a lift, stock wheels and 35s?

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Anyone have pictures of MOAB edition with a lift, stock wheels and 35s?
I'm no expert on tires and wheels but I was told that the stock Moab wheels are 17x7.5 and with 35's I need at least 17x8.5 or bigger so I just bought 35's and new wheels that are 8.5. I'm sure someone else will be able to validate if this is accurate and if so, why...
Sponsored