jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I knew about the "Jeep wave" before I bought my Wrangler. My wife had a Grand Cherokee, then a Renegade before I bought the JL. In both of those, the waves were very rare so I assumed it was an over-hyped myth. Apparently not. The day I bought my Jeep (well, I guess the day I test drove a JL before ordering it), I had someone wave at me. Now that I own one, it turns out it's just like a motorcycle. Waves are a regular thing. On the bike it's kinda down to the side, and the Jeep it's kinda like a peace sign.

OP you're doing the "special" Jeep wave with dual jazz hands. It works really well when you have the doors off, because you can really hang out there. The next best option is to do the jazz hands out the Freedom panels. :cwl:

I was going to say the same thing. I get/give waves all the time. I guess we're just nicer folks around here.

That's generally how the wave looks. So much so, that the logo for the program is essentially that.

aventura-cjdr-jeep-wave-program.jpg

Yeah me either. Sounds like CA is a little cranky.
Haha! I have yet to remove my freedom panels. Guess what the first thing I'll do will be when I eventually go topless.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My PDX/Beaverton experience is similar, however Iā€™d add that men wave 80-90% of the time and women are maybe 30-40%. My wife and daughter are trying to bring that up, though!

Agree with you on Bend...nearly 100%. Makes me smile when we head over there!
You're restoring my faith in this Jeep wave thing. Either way, it feels good to see another Wrangler on the road.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I have to admit that I've gotten tired of waving and my wife hates it...refuses to do it. I'm not that bad, but there are a lot of jeeps here in Erie PA and it gets kind of annoying. I still do it because I feel bad if I don't, don't ask me why. Although I do have the only 2dr Punk'n Rubicon in town, so maybe I think they will know me as the one who doesn't wave. For anyone here in Erie...that's my wife that didn't wave!!!
The first time I waved at someone in another Jeep, my wife said, "What are you doing, weirdo? Do you know them?" Haha. I said, "Nope, it's a Jeep thing." She replied, "Obviously not. They just stared at you." I think she's on the fence as to whether it's cool or ridiculous.

Reactions: JC7
OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
As a women, owning my first Jeep, I learned about the ā€œwaveā€ on this forum (along with lots of other things), I wave at all Wranglers. But here, where I live (Upstate SC), only men seem to wave/ wave back. Around here itā€™s a lot of college students (Clemson & Furman Univ) with Jeeps. Party on!!
Even when I pull up to a red light next to a Jeep & wave, I donā€™t get a wave back. I notice them rolling their eyes. It doesnā€™t hurt my feelings! Iā€™ll always wave. But I have noticed driving away from where I live into NC (Brevard/ Asheville/ trails) I get lots of waves. It is what it is. Itā€™s the least of my worries. :like:
You have thicker skin than I do. If I waved at someone who then rolled their eyes at me, I'd feel like an idiot. Then I'd motion for them to roll down their window and say something like, "Sorry, I was just trying to get your attention. I saw you picking your nose back there." Then I'd sit there all self-satisfied and chuckle like the 3rd grader I just was and wait for the light to turn green.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yours is for other reasons though, Morty. ;):cwl:
Nooo thatā€™s my right hand... Iā€™m talking about my left here in relation to the Jeep wave LOL

Okay so both will be tired for (2) different reasons here in Florida LOL

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
You're restoring my faith in this Jeep wave thing. Either way, it feels good to see another Wrangler on the road.
If I get a Jeep wave on my way in to work each morning, it puts me into a much better mood. Itā€™s a simple gesture, really, and like a smile it doesnā€™t cost a thing.

My wife and daughter went to lunch with me today and I got a Jeep wave on the way home: all three of us waved back. :)

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
My parents live in Cody and I noticed the same thing when I've visited them. I guess that's what happens when you only see a few cars on the road on your drive...it's the friendly thing to do?
Yes sir that is very true! Where we live, itā€™s a busy day if more than 8-10 vehicles past by. Just the way we like it.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If I get a Jeep wave on my way in to work each morning, it puts me into a much better mood. Itā€™s a simple gesture, really, and like a smile it doesnā€™t cost a thing.

My wife and daughter went to lunch with me today and I got a Jeep wave on the way home: all three of us waved back. :)
Very true!

Seems though, that when my wife drives she gets more waves LOL I wonder why?! Hahaha

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I see you differently. I see the guy who's been on the forum long enough to think he's entitled or obligated to police it. Mine was and is a harmless, silly conversation starter of a thread; something from the title alone you would have known has nothing new to offer. I suspect you didn't see it and think, "I wonder what this guy has to add to the discussion on the Jeep wave that hasn't already been discussed" only to be disappointed that my thread was nothing new. You could have easily skipped it. Instead, you read it and took the time to find and respond in a way that just brought negativity to a positive, light-hearted discussion. If new threads that repeat topics is what annoys you, be prepared to be continually annoyed. You definitely have the right to get annoyed if that's how you choose to react. And it is a choice. But my suggestion would simply be to ignore threads that repeat topics and stick to only unique conversations. It will cut down your screen time and lower your blood pressure and we'll all be better off for it.
Well, youā€™re not entirely wrong, here. Maybe a thing or two in your reply for me to think about.
And I hope that someday you figure out whether in fact the Tazer parasitically draws from the battery.
Thanks. I seem to be lucky and have not been affected, but am anxiously awaiting a conclusive answer. Could be a nasty problem with a wildly popular mod.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
The same is here on Long Island NY. I wave at every Wrangler I pass only to get weird looks from them.
Hey JohnnyB54
Funny the other day I got a wave in sound beach.
But yeah, mostly people donā€™t bother.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I always wave when Iā€™m on my Harley and always get wave back. In my Jeep, I get wave back about 75%. I think itā€™s more to do with Jeep drivers being more distracted with stuff to do. Bike riders, at least me, are always searching traffic so someone does not pull out and Kill me. I believe most Jeep drivers would wave if they noticed.

Reactions: Jnz

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I have to admit that I've gotten tired of waving and my wife hates it...refuses to do it. I'm not that bad, but there are a lot of jeeps here in Erie PA and it gets kind of annoying. I still do it because I feel bad if I don't, don't ask me why. Although I do have the only 2dr Punk'n Rubicon in town, so maybe I think they will know me as the one who doesn't wave. For anyone here in Erie...that's my wife that didn't wave!!!
I pass 8 to 10 Jeeps every time I drive into town. They are everywhere

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Here in CO it seems that most people wave back. But again that can vary depending where you're at (Denver very little to if any). The only "rules" or patterns I've seen thus far are:

* The smaller "slower" city roads have a better tendency to wave
* Unlimited's seldom wave in the city
* Off road get's a good 99% if not more (but those roads usually just get friendly full hand waves from anyone driving anything)

I try my hardest to wave and wave back but am sometimes deep in thought or just plain forgot. Oops. My bad.

And yes to below - there should be an emoji - it would get used a ton!

There's no wave emoji..........this will do:like:
Sponsored