George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Willys
Vehicle Showcase
In the Heart of Dixie only the older folks wave, we have a lot of young kids in jeeps so of course they don't wave. I would say it's maybe 70% return, .. I like waiting to the last minute to see if oncoming initiate first.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wave if I see another Wrangler but sometimes I am concentrating on a turn, on the vehicle in front of me who is busy texting and may stop suddenly, I'm taking a nap (sometimes us old folk get tired), watching a movie, spaced out. So don 't get mad if I don't see you. And I only wave at Wranglers - not Patriots, Libertys, Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, Renegades or other pretend Jeeps.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Also JKs usually do not wave at JL, since JL is just a fancy mall crawler. And TJs do not wave at JKs, since JK is a four door disgrace. And YJs do not wave at TJs, since no leaf spring no jeepie!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Also JKs usually do not wave at JL, since JL is just a fancy mall crawler. And TJs do not wave at JKs, since JK is a four door disgrace. And YJs do not wave at TJs, since no leaf spring no jeepie!
Which one has the rectangular headlights? I don't wave at them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Well, you’re not entirely wrong, here. Maybe a thing or two in your reply for me to think about.

Thanks. I seem to be lucky and have not been affected, but am anxiously awaiting a conclusive answer. Could be a nasty problem with a wildly popular mod.
I think you and I should be friends.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I see a few saying that they wait to see if the other Jeep waves first. Since you are in the "newer" Jeep (JL), you would be the one waiving first. I don't recall where I read that... might of been on this forum but at some point there were some rules that came along with the wave.

I do the two finger wave off the steering wheel at all of the Wranglers that I see regardless of who is driving it. I also tend to waive at any other model Jeep that looks like it has been modded. I appreciate the wave back but it really doesn't bother me if they don't.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Where I live, you cant drive 1 mile, without passing at least 5, in a neighborhood. Wranglers are everywhere.

Sponsored

Sleblanc63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlUR 2.0L
Occupation
RV driver, wife annoyer and grand kid spoiler.
In the woods north of Houston here... From kids on bikes to old folks on the front porch. Jeep or no jeep. We be wavers! ( and greeters... good morning, etc.. yes ma'am, please and thank you.) Welcome to the friendly south.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I wave every time. Most wave back.

and for those that don't....

I follow them home, watch them for awhile, get to know their routine.
Then I go into their backyard, take off my pants and use their grill to make BBQ Chicken.

and I don't clean the grill afterward.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... It’s a simple gesture, really, and like a smile it doesn’t cost a thing.....
Exactly. What does it hurt to wave? Nothing. So be friendly and wave. I guess I'm just like that though. I'll smile and greet a person as I walk by, wave at the random person sitting on the porch, or strike up a conversation with the person waiting in line with me. It's just a friendly thing to do. Simple and free, why not be friendly.

..... And I only wave at Wranglers - not Patriots, Libertys, Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, Renegades or other pretend Jeeps.
I'll wave at Renegades since they tend to wave back. All the others, not so much. If they wave first I'll wave back (that goes for anybody, driving anything really). But Renegades, for some reason, will return wave about as frequently as a Wrangler. So I wave at both, whether they wave or not.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I see a few saying that they wait to see if the other Jeep waves first. Since you are in the "newer" Jeep (JL), you would be the one waiving first. I don't recall where I read that... might of been on this forum but at some point there were some rules that came along with the wave.

I do the two finger wave off the steering wheel at all of the Wranglers that I see regardless of who is driving it. I also tend to waive at any other model Jeep that looks like it has been modded. I appreciate the wave back but it really doesn't bother me if they don't.
This makes sense to me. I think I'll initiate more waves.