Sponsored

Does this seem like a fair price?

rafrisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Had planned to make my first used Jeep purchase the other week, but the whole deal fell through. Now, I'm back in the market for new. I'm currently looking at a 2019 Jeep Wrangler sport S on the dealer lot. The MSRP is 41,980. They are offering an out the door price of about 8.5% off sticker. Or 38,412. Here in New Jersey, that's about as good as I've found. Any thoughts? I want to be as prepared and informed as I can, but that seems about as good as it will get on pricing.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Depends on how far you are willing to drive, how long you are willing to wait. Others have been getting more off with factory orders (I got around 10% off of MSRP), but they have to wait 6-8 weeks, or more. To me, 8.5% sounds fair. You get to drive it home right away. Someone else will always pay more, someone else will always pay less. If you have already been shopping deals in NJ, you know if its a good deal or not.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
A good (not great) target is 1% off invoice. A great price is 5%-6% off invoice. Use this info to calculate your invoice price: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ive-pricing-worksheets-updated-for-2019.3193/

A back-of-the-napkin estimate I made (I assumed you were looking at a 4 door) suggests you're at roughly 3% under invoice, which is pretty good.

My theory/observation and what I used on your vehicle is the following:
Invoice of the base price of the vehicle is 95% of MSRP
Invoice of the OPTIONS on the vehicle is 89% of MSRP
Invoice of the Destination Charges is 100% of MSRP (no break on destination charges)

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Out the door includes tax and license. If it truly OTD, you being in Jersey, that is an awesome deal. So make sure you mean what you posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rafrisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out the door includes tax and license. If it truly OTD, you being in Jersey, that is an awesome deal. So make sure you mean what you posted.
Thanks for that clarification...you are correct. That total isn't truly OTD price. ( I wasn't exactly sure what that truly entailed). That price is before tax and tags.

OP
OP

rafrisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A good (not great) target is 1% off invoice. A great price is 5%-6% off invoice. Use this info to calculate your invoice price: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ive-pricing-worksheets-updated-for-2019.3193/

A back-of-the-napkin estimate I made (I assumed you were looking at a 4 door) suggests you're at roughly 3% under invoice, which is pretty good.

My theory/observation and what I used on your vehicle is the following:
Invoice of the base price of the vehicle is 95% of MSRP
Invoice of the OPTIONS on the vehicle is 89% of MSRP
Invoice of the Destination Charges is 100% of MSRP (no break on destination charges)[/QUOTE
Thanks for that info..while I'm writing this, another offer came through from another dealer in NJ....that one didn't seem too good. Here is a copy of the response:

I got with my management team and let them in on what your doing. Normally the Wranglers aren't discounted much, especially the new JL. The MSRP of our vehicle is $43960, we can use some coupons that we received from the manufacturer and sell the Jeep to you for $41333. All fees and taxes included will bring the OTD price to $45113.63. That's selling to you for $500 below invoice but you would need to act fast because I cannot hold the vehicle or coupons for you without a deposit on the vehicle. I can take up to $1000 on a credit card over the phone to secure this for you.

OP
OP

rafrisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, I was mistaken about true out the door price. Thanks. Man, NJ dealers don't offer much discount it seems..

OP
OP

rafrisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on how far you are willing to drive, how long you are willing to wait. Others have been getting more off with factory orders (I got around 10% off of MSRP), but they have to wait 6-8 weeks, or more. To me, 8.5% sounds fair. You get to drive it home right away. Someone else will always pay more, someone else will always pay less. If you have already been shopping deals in NJ, you know if its a good deal or not.
Had planned to make my first used Jeep purchase the other week, but the whole deal fell through. Now, I'm back in the market for new. I'm currently looking at a 2019 Jeep Wrangler sport S on the dealer lot. The MSRP is 41,980. They are offering an out the door price of about 8.5% off sticker. Or 38,412. Here in New Jersey, that's about as good as I've found. Any thoughts? I want to be as prepared and informed as I can, but that seems about as good as it will get on pricing.
I've had about 4 offers this past week. The best of which I mentioned before. About 8.5% off MSRP. That dealer is just 35 miles away just over the border in NY. Not too bad a ride..

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I've had about 4 offers this past week. The best of which I mentioned before. About 8.5% off MSRP. That dealer is just 35 miles away just over the border in NY. Not too bad a ride..
I ordered ours and saved 14% off MSRP. Had to fly out to Idaho to pick it up but not having to “deal” made it worth it. If the NY dealer has what you want go for it. It’s only money and with resale being so good on a used Wrangler by the time you sell it you’ll most likely make some of your hard earned dollars back.

Enjoy!
Sponsored